5

Aoom's POV

I awoke to the gentle warmth of the morning sun kissing my face, accompanied by the unexpected sensation of a pair of arms ensconcing my body. Blinking away the remnants of sleep, a soft smile tugged at my lips as I found myself in an unexpected situation.

She, who had done everything to maintain distance the night before, was now so close- totally cuddling me at this point.

Suppressing the grin that threatened to surface, I marveled at the scene before me. The room was bathed in a serene morning glow, casting a delicate light on her features.

But as my gaze wandered, my observations went from innocent admiration to an unsettling realization. Her features, from the plush softness of her lips to the meticulously shaped nose and eyebrows, held an undeniable allure.

Wait, what was I doing?

A surge of disbelief and self-doubt flooded through me. Had I just been checking her out? The very thought startled me, prompting a hasty and silent retreat from the bed, ensuring she remained undisturbed in her slumber.

With a newfound rush of urgency, I quietly slipped out of the room and ventured to complete my morning routine, only to discover Snack engrossed in some activity within the living room.

"What are you up to?" I inquired, stepping closer to Snack, who seemed entirely absorbed in her task.

"Are you suddenly blind too?" she teased, continuing her work without looking up.

"Is that a love letter?" I leaned in, attempting to catch a glimpse of her writing, but she quickly hid it from view.

"No, it's not what you think," she retorted defensively, piquing my interest.

"Why the defensiveness?" I probed, arching an eyebrow inquisitively.

"It's just that-" Snack's explanation was cut short when a realization dawned on me.

"How did you learn to write when you're banned from the lecture hall?" I questioned, curiosity lacing my words.

"Oh, that..." Snack began, revealing a clandestine truth. "The princess established a secret educational circle for women two years ago, and we're part of it. Despite being small in number, it's a significant step forward."

"Oh.. She teaches you all personally?" I asked curiously.

Snack shook her head.

"No one knows what the Princess looks like aside from the people inside the palace. She just send her adviser and cousin to help us as she can't easily sneak outside the palace without getting any attention. "

"But.. Why does she need to be discreet about her advocacy? With her status, she could do this openly and she'll attract more participants too. " I mused, expressing my confusion.

"It's more complex than that," Charlotte interjected out of nowhere. "There's a power struggle; many are vying to overthrow the Princess."

"But she is the King's only child, a daughter of the most powerful individual in this Kingdom. " I argued.

"Who says so?" Charlotte posed the question cryptically.

"If you think the King is the ultimate authority and most influential person in this Kingdom, you might need to reconsider, Aoom," Snack remarked gravely.

"What do you mean? Can you fill me up at least? Hello? Your dear cousin here just lost her memories yesterday." I said sarcastically..

Charlotte sighed deeply, readying herself to untangle the intricate web of information.