7

Aoom's POV

It's been a week since the last time I saw Meena. It's frustrating because I don't even know where she lives, and there's no technology here that would allow me to send a message instantly.

I want to apologize to her....

I shouldn't have said that. I should have known better. In this world where inequality persists, she has no choice but to beg for mercy for every little mistake she makes. Unlike me, she wasn't born into an influential family, and there's no Ministry of War to back her up.

Simultaneously, a persistent guilt looms within me. Witnessing the unfeigned kindness and love showered upon me by my cousins and father sparks profound reflection. Do I truly deserve this? I am not the real Aoom they knew and grew up with. I'm not the same person who garnered their unconditional love...

"Aoom!" Snack's urgent voice snapped me back to reality, echoing through my room.

"What?" I replied casually.

"Meena!" The mere mention of her name jolted me awake, prompting me to leap out of bed.

"Is she here? Where?" I inquired with a sense of urgency.

"She's in the living room... we saw her get beaten up again today. Charlotte already called a doctor," Snack answered, panic evident in her voice. I didn't waste a moment and hurried to the living room.

"Oh my gosh..." I uttered in disbelief at the sight of Meena's condition. It was worse than the last time.

"Snack, help me. Let's move her to my room."

"Is there... uh, a place where we can get cold water?" I inquired as soon as we laid Meena down on the bed.

Snack looked at me with confusion but nodded before responding, "Yes, there's a cold spring nearby."

"Good, can you please go and ask Lindo a favor for me to get a bucket of it?" I pleaded.

"Sure... but what will you do with it?"

"Just trust me."

***

"W-what are you doing?" Meena weakly protested as she tried to prevent me from removing her clothes.

"I need to take off your clothes to treat your wounds and injuries... It's dirty too. You need to change," I explained gently, carefully moving her hands away.

"No..." She weakly shook her head.

I gave her a stern look. "Do you really have time to be embarrassed in this state?"

"Just.... just make it quick," she murmured, avoiding eye contact.

I chuckled at her cute response. "Well, I can't promise... It might take an hour to treat you," I teased playfully.

However, the playful tone vanished when I completely took her clothes off.

I should've heeded her request not to take them off because I didn't expect her body to leave me speechless.

Just wow.

Her physique was incredibly toned, boasting well-defined abs as if she had trained rigorously.

I gulped hard, attempting to suppress intrusive thoughts about touching her toned abs.

"Ehem. Sorry to interrupt your staring contest with Meena's abs, but here's the cold water you're looking for," Snack's voice invaded the room, snapping me out of my thoughts.