8

Aoom's POV

"Are you sure about this, Aoom?" Charlotte inquired as we made our way to the agreed meeting spot.

I woke up alone in the bed earlier. Meena left a note explaining that she'll go to the palace to tell the princess that I want to work with her. She told me in her letter to await further instruction. A messenger then delivered details about our meeting place.

Meena had also expressed her gratitude with a breakfast she had thoughtfully prepared for me. She said it served as a token for looking after her.

"Yes. But why are both of you following me?" I asked, stealing a glance at them.

"How can we let you face something so dangerous alone?" Snack countered.

"I bet you just want to see Pailiu," I teased unconsciously, drawing quick reactions from both.

"How... do you remember now?" Charlotte asked, her expression revealing surprise.

"Hmm, a little," I replied casually.

"We're here," Snack announced, coming to a stop in front of a quaint hut-style house. A few deliberate knocks on the door were met with an inviting voice, prompting us to enter without hesitation.

We entered the room to the sight of seven women gathered around a table, two of them clearly in charge—probably the Engfa and Pailiu that was mentioned in the diary.

As we approached, the two leaders halted their discussion, prompting the others at the table to do the same.

"Oh, so you guys are the new members the Princess was talking about," the charismatic girl at the front declared.

"That's Engfa," Snack whispered to me, and I nodded in acknowledgment.

"Girls, let's welcome our new members: Aoom, Charlotte, and Snack," the fair-skinned girl, likely Pailiu, said.

Genuine smiles from the girls greeted us as they gestured for us to take seats beside them, an invitation we gladly accepted.

"Who are they?" I whispered to Charlotte, referring to the five women seated.

"The one on the left is Nini, followed by Elsa, Tia, Heidi, and Nude," Charlotte answered.

"They're members of the Princess Secret Organization," she added.

I couldn't help but express confusion. "How come we're not part of this?"

"This is different from the secret educational circle the Princess established. You can't join here without an invitation or confirmation from the Princess, unlike the educational circle where every woman is welcomed," Charlotte explained.

"Why is that?"

"Not everyone in the educational circle can commit, sacrifice, and endanger themselves for the sake of change. Not everyone there can be trusted. I think the Princess filters out those who truly have the potential and bravery to help women."

"But...weren't we already helping women before?"

"We helped in the shadows, not until you saved Meena in front of everyone, right after you lost your memories. Remember?" Snack said sarcastically.

"Right,"  I agreed after the realization struck. So, the Princess utilizes individuals working for her to invite and recruit women who meet their stringent qualifications.

"Now that our assembly is complete, let me elucidate the Princess's plan," Engfa began, her eyes grazing each of us, but lingering longest on Charlotte... Okay?