1

HANNI POV

I woke up to the annoying phone alarm and smashed my hand onto the alarm. It's Tuesday and I had prepared a big presentation for school today. Although I really didnt wanna go, this presentation counted as a college entrance exam. I really didn't feel well but I had to, for my mom.

She had been sick for the past 5 years and every year the doctors say the same thing : ¨she's dying this year¨. My mom had her health check up yesterday and the doctor asked if i can speak to him privately.

¨Why did you wanna talk to me doctor?¨ I asked as if i didn't know he was going to say the same thing like every other year.

¨She had a few months left, and this time I mean it¨ the doctor said

¨But how is her condition now?¨ I ask because they have been trying to cure the cancer out of her body but it didn't work for 5 years... They've been trying and trying but they just couldn't. The doctors said it would be too dangerous if they operated on my moms body.

¨Really bad, the tumor had spread over her heart and we can not save her anymore¨

I was watching as the doctor left and thought by myself what my mom would like the most, for me to be happy. So I am gonna try my best and make her last months the best last months of her life.

My dad left when I was 16, he left me and my mother alone and took all her money which left her bankrupt.

2 years later and I now have a job at the cinema to try and help my mom out. I know it's not much but we can keep paying the rent with this.

It's already 8:24 and I have to be there at 9 so I kissed my moms forehead and greeted her goodbye. I left for school and I arrived just in time. If I mess up this presentation in any way, I won't be able to get my scholarship to the college I wanted to go to.

I stepped into the classroom and saw my best friend sitting in her seat. She got up and wished me luck and said that I would definitely eat the presentation.

While I was preparing myself the teacher suddenly announced that there would be a new transfer student in our class today, but she was running late so I decided to just begin the presentation.

The presentation went well, I was almost done and only had a few things to say. I was so proud of myself that my smile grew bigger and bigger...

¨oh my god¨ I heard a classmate say

All my classmates started to look at my pants while I was confused about what happened.

¨fuck¨ I mumbled to myself.

I got my period and started getting cramps, why exactly right now. Out of all the times I was at school my body decided to do it on the most important day. As if I dont hate my body already.

I looked down and saw blood dripping down my pants. I was looking at my best friend, Dani, who was concerned about me. Before she could get up, I ran out of the classroom. I was running downstairs to the bathroom bcs our school doesn't have a bathroom on the 3rd floor. While I was running downstairs I ran into a girl and we both fell.

She asked if I was okay and then noticed the bloodstain on the ground and on my pants. She quickly noticed what happened to me, she took off her jacket and put it over my waist.

¨This really isn't necessary, thank you¨ I said

¨Girlie this is necessary, you're dripping blood¨ the girl said. ¨Do I need to buy you something or?¨

¨Like what¨ I asked.

¨You know like period supplies¨ she said ¨If you don't have them I can run to the closest store nearby to get you some if you want¨

¨I'm pretty sure the school doctor has some supplies¨ I answered back looking straight into her eyes and then to her arms where I could see her getting cold.

¨Are you sure you're not cold bcs you can take this ba-¨

¨No, I'll come with you to the school doctor to make sure that you have something, otherwise I'm gonna buy something for you¨. The girl said

¨Okay let's go then¨ I said. 

Author note : Im not that good at writing stories and English is also not my first language, BUT i am writing this on so idc about what yall are going to say. And feel free to give feedback ^-^