Chapter 55

CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE
"Changing Fate"

Screaming.
Pain filled yells.
A burst of magic...and then darkness.

Lily's eyes sprung open as she gasped softly. After the party at the diner went south, Lily had gone home and tried to rest, but she was still being haunted by nightmares of her son's death. She sat up and found herself alone in the bed, having no idea on where Regina was. She couldn't even remember if she had gone to bed with her.

Pushing the covers away, she slid out of bed and made her way downstairs. She was a Dark One, so she didn't really need to sleep. She simply did it as a way to rest and relax, but whenever she did, Evander's death would play on repeat in her head until she woke.

"Morning!"

The sound of her step-son's voice startled her, and her fight or flight response kicked in as she conjured a fireball in her hand. Once she realised it was only Henry and Fallon sitting at the table, she extinguished the flame in her hand and sighed heavily.

"You shouldn't scare me like that." She sighed.

"He wasn't trying to." Fallon said. "What's going on with you? You're not usually this jumpy...or jumpy at all."

Lily didn't answer her granddaughter, she just walked away to try and find somewhere she would be alone. She found quiet in the backyard, everybody that was home was inside which left her alone barefoot in the garden. The ground felt soft under her feet, almost like it was cushioning every step she took.

More often than not when Lily would retreat into the backyard, she would find herself drawn to the apple tree. She never knew why at first, but she was beginning to think it was a symbol of who her wife was; and she found some sort of comfort in that.

Of all the people Lily had known through her life, Regina had been the only one that stayed. She had given Regina almost every chance to leave her, but she didn't. Having somebody like that was new to her, and she didn't quite know how to show her appreciation to her wife. She wasn't used to having somebody care about her the way Regina did.

It was an odd feeling that was going to take her a while to get used to.

________
________

Adrienne hadn't returned to the diner or Regina's home since the party; and nobody had seen her. She was refusing to accept the feelings for Robin Hood that started to peak through. She still couldn't believe she had been stupid enough to allow them to be a thing in the first place.