Chapter 6: Confusion

You blinked slowly, waking yourself up. You looked around until you gained enough consciousness to notice that you weren't in the grassy fields next to the river, instead, you were in some kind of small hut made of leaves and branches. You saw the doorway made of two large leaves, covering the sunlight.

You were scared. What kind of person would kidnap someone and leave them in a room? Were you being watched? Imprisoned? Enslaved? You needed to get out of there, and quickly.

You slowly started to get out of the bed, trying not to make noise. While standing up, you hold on to a small table beside the bed for support but accidentally knock over a glass flask. In panic, you look around your surroundings for anything you can use to at least defend yourself. Your eyes quickly lay on a beautiful leaf-like bow on top of the same table. You quickly grab it and start to aim at the door.

Your heart was beating quickly, your hands were shaking, and your breathing was uneven. Anything could happen to you now.

As you waited for the leaves to reveal your kidnapper, you tried to listen for anything. It could be that no one heard the breaking of the flask. It could also be that no one is around the area.

These thoughts quickly disappeared when you started to hear voices that seemed to be coming closer to the hut. You couldn't make out words due to your anxiety.

You gripped the bow even tighter. You weren't a great aimer under pressure, but this situation could turn into life or death. You stretched the arrow farther, pointing at the center of the door.

When the leaves started to part, you froze. Your hands were stuck in place, and your mouth couldn't move. You stopped breathing and your heart stopped beating.

The leaves parted. It revealed a young man with long, large black ears, chin-length black hair, and forest-green eyes. He wasn't the one who kidnapped you, but you couldn't completely take him off your radar.

When the man looked at you, his relaxed eyes turned shocked.

"Come down now, no need to get aggressive," he tried to comfort you, but you didn't budge.

He slowly took a step forward, but you straightened your grip.

"I knew I shouldn't have left it there," you heard him mutter.

He stretched his hands, to be sure that you didn't strike him to his death. He was like a manipulator. His eyes were controlling you, telling you to put the bow down.

You shook your head. You just couldn't be sure if he was trying to deceive you or trying to help you.

"How do I know you're not going to hurt me?" you asked, not being completely sure why.

He looked at you, then behind you, "You see that notebook on the table, that's what I used to keep track of your well-being, and it also includes a few other people that have been found in the same situation as you."

You looked straight into his eyes and straightened your grip. You wouldn't easily fall for this leveled trick, but your curiosity was getting the better of you. You shifted your eyes to the table, and you noticed an open notebook, containing writing. You started to look at your surroundings, and you noticed he wasn't lying. There is a small stack of books on the shelf, including jars, herbs, and towels. There was also a hanging frame with plants and butterflies beside the shelf.

You slowly lowered the bow, making sure that he didn't move to attack you. Once you completely lowered the bow, you heard him sigh in relief.

He walked towards you with a bit of caution. When he was in front of you, he stretched his hand out, telling you to give the bow to him. With a bit of hesitation, you gave it to him. He put the bow on his back and adjusted it.

He looked at you, smiling, "I would like to compliment you on your caution and attention, but you could work on your bow position." he stretched out his hand, "I'm Tighnari, Forest Watcher of the Avidya Forest."

You shook his hand, "I'm Y/N, a new student in the Akademiya."

He looked at you in shock, "A new student? What are they trying to do?" he murmured.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Nothing you should worry about"

Tighnari walked over to the table, got the notebook, and wrote something on it. You tried to see what he was writing, but you couldn't understand it like it was a different language.

After writing his notes, he closed the notebook and looked back at you, "You are really lucky that you woke up after three days, many don't even see the light of day again."

You look at him, confused, "What do you mean by "three days"? What is going on?"

—————————————————————————-
Word Count: 831

A/N: I apologize for not uploading a chapter for a week. I had to visit family during Christmas, and two days ago, my parents got me a new phone, so I'm still trying to figure this thing out. But don't worry, I'm not abandoning this project so easily, I'm having fun with it. Also, thank you for the 80 views!!! It means a lot!