Chapter 8: Fate?

"You? I told you to not disappoint me. You're probably as deaf as you are blind." He looked at you with a dissatisfied face.

You looked him in the eye. What did he want? Why is he here? You just woke up not long ago and he's acting as if nothing happened.

"What is your reason for being here?" you asked, arms crossed.

"You're the reason I'm here."

"What do you mean by that?"

He looked at you for a while before responding, "I had to save you from a bandit because you were too stupid enough to go traveling by yourself without a weapon in hand."

You looked at him in disbelief. Was he following you? Of course, you were grateful that he saved you from the bandit, but why did he follow you?

Before you could ask, the leaf doors opened in a rush, revealing a tired young girl with green hair. Her hands were full of flowers and leaves, plants that you didn't recognize.

She was panting hard, and could barely make out any words, "Master... Tighnari... I got the... herbs you wanted," she looked up, shocked to see you on your feet.

She calmed down before continuing, "Master Tighnari, didn't you say that she wasn't going to wake up?"

You quickly turned your head to Tighnari, eyes wide, "Not wake up? Was I in such terrible condition?"

Tighnari turned to you, with a giggle, "I explained to Collei that you would probably not wake up in a few months, not that you would permanently stay asleep." That relieved you quickly, you were starting to get worried again.

You felt eyes on you, and you turned your head, next to the doorway, and your eyes landed on the arrogant stranger. He had his arms crossed, but he was studying you rather closely, trying to get some kind of information out of you.

Tighnari and Collei were having their conversation, but the words were blurred out of your mind. Your eyes were fixed on the stranger's face. His eyes were as bright, as cold, and as mysterious as crystal marrows. His skin was as pale as the sands of Nazuchi Beach. His hair radiates as a Thunder Sakura.

"Miss? Were you listening to my instructions?"

You suddenly heard a voice, and turned your head towards Tighnari, "S-Sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

With a laugh, he responded, "Don't worry, Miss. I was telling you that if you have any headaches, you can take this medicine. It contains mint and henna berry."

He extended his hand, revealing a small container with a burgundy liquid, and you accepted it. You were about to put it in your suitcase when you noticed, you didn't have it! Where could you have left it? With the bandit, or the small shop? There was only one person who could know.

"Hey uh... Hat Guy, do you know where I might have left my suitcase?"

His eyes became shocked in an instant, "What did you just call me?"

You looked at him confused, "I'm sorry, but I don't know your name, but that doesn't matter right now. Do you know where my suitcase may be? I have important documents and mora in there."

"Do you really think it's my responsibility to keep an eye on your stuff? You should have been more careful."

Before you could respond, he went outside the hut, without a word. You were angry, stressed, and worried. He's right, it was your responsibility to keep yourself and your stuff safe, none of it was his fault.

"Miss, is he really your friend? It seems like you're closer than that." Tighnari asked, interrupting your train of thought.

"Ah, please, don't call me Miss. I'm just Y/N. Secondly, that Hat Guy is nothing to me, he's just a random guy I accidentally bumped into while finding my way to Sumeru City."

Sumeru City! Your parents! Your letter! You had to have sent a letter to your parents decades ago!

"Ah, sorry about this, but I have to leave in a hurry. Do you possibly know where Sumeru City is located?"

He looked at you, thinking if he should tell you where the city is or to stay to rest a few more days.

"I won't recommend going out just yet. You just woke up and I'm not sure what kind of side effects the substance could have on you."

You looked at him with a frown. Then a thought clicked. What if you have an escort, and if anything happens, you'll have someone to either take you back or help you out? The question is, who would be willing to do that without any pay? You couldn't ask Tighnari, he seems very busy, and you can't ask Collei because she seems very reserved and inexperienced. Unless...

Like on cue, the Hat Guy comes back with a suitcase that you seem so familiar with.

"My suitcase?! How did you find it?"

He looked at you with an unsatisfied face. He walks towards you, gives you your suitcase, and then goes to the leaf-like door.

He stops at the exit and then turns back, "What are you waiting for? Let's go before I change my mind."

You looked at him confused. With a sigh, he continues, "I'm taking you to Sumeru City, I'm going there anyway. Just don't stay behind because I will leave you."

It took you a second to comprehend what he said.  Did he read your mind?

Before you could walk a step, Tighnari stopped you, "Wait Y/N, if you are really willing to go, it'd be best if you had a weapon with you," He went to the shelf and pulled out a bow, "This Recurve Bow used to be Collei's beginner bow. It can be useful to you."

He handed the bow to you, and you accepted the humble gift. You turned your head towards the Hat Guy, but he was nowhere to be found.

You quickly got your suitcase and ran outside. Once outside, you looked around, and you noticed that the Hat Guy was already on the road to Sumeru City.

"Hey! Wait up!"

—————————————————————————-
Word Count- 1025
A/N: I apologize for not unloading for a week. School started last week for me and the work just keeps piling up. It might take me one to two weeks to upload a chapter, probably less, but I can't guarantee anything. Also, THANK YOU FOR 275 VIEWS!!! Wow, that's like half the amount since the last chapter. I'm glad that you're enjoying it. See you next time 👋🏼