Chapter 10: Welcome to Sumeru!

"Sweetie, come here, your mother and I have something very important to tell you." Your father called out from your room's door.

You were at your desk, carving wood into figurines, trying to pass the time and not get stressed over a letter that might not arrive until the next month. You had just sent your application to the Akademiya and you were already nervous about it.

You looked up to your father and you noticed that he was acting different. "Father, I'm aware that the oni guy fell on top of your tomato plants. You don't have to worry, I'm carving some little figurines to sell. Hopefully, I can finish them without break-" Before you could finish your sentence, the head of the hilichurl snapped off.

Your father and you were looking at the rolling head until it fell to the ground. You turned your head to the rest of the body of the figurine in your hand. You put the figurine to the side of your desk and got up. You looked out the window and you saw the worn-out target that your father made for you to practice your shooting.

"You know what, never mind. Do you want to go practice our shooting?"

Your father was about to say something but decided not to. Instead, he nodded at your idea. You ran to your father and hugged him, and then immediately went outside to get your things from the storage case under the pergola full of wood.

Your father stayed in the same place, frowning, "It can wait until tomorrow."

~
Thud!

You instantly woke up to the sound of something falling. You sat up and looked around, vision somewhat blurry. You saw a smudge of blue in the distance, inside the tent. You rubbed your eyes and waited there for a while to adjust your eyes to the light.

"Finally you're awake. We were supposed to have arrived before morning." He looked at you unamused, "when you said 'rest', I was not expecting staying overnight."

You were too sleepy to even respond, so you just got up and exited the tent. The Wanderer looked at you confused.

You walked over to the shallow river and splashed your face in order to wake yourself up. The water wasn't as cold as you had expected, but it was enough to at least wake your eyes up.

"It can wait until tomorrow."

The thought started circling your head, like it meant something. The dream you had started to flow back into your head. You had a feeling that something about that memory meant something, something important, but you couldn't hold a grasp on it.

You shook your head, "it's probably just a side effect."

"A side effect?"

You quickly turned around, only to reveal the same person you have been ignoring since you woke up.

"I-it's nothing important, just a common dream."

The Wanderer looked at you for a second then towards the road, leading to the city of Sumeru.

"If you're fine, then we should be able to head out now, but don't think we'll be resting for the next hours."

The Wanderer turned and started walking towards the road. You got up and walked towards the huts to grab your suitcase. It was going to be a long walk.

When you arrived at the tent, you noticed the sunsettias you left the night before. Three sunsettias were still left on the bowl, but you clearly remember that you left four. Your face created a slight smile. You grabbed the bowl and the sunsettias and went towards the tent to grab your suitcase and your bow, only to see them gone. Shocked, you went outside to look for them, but to your surprise, the Wanderer was waiting on the road with your suitcase on his hand, and the bow attached to the suitcase. With a slight chuckle, you headed towards the road.

~

Your legs were burning and your mouth was completely dry. Every time you asked the Hat Guy if you both could rest, he didn't even answer. You had no choice but to keep going. You had no idea how far or how close you were, but it felt like you were going nowhere.

The Wanderer suddenly stopped, and without noticing, you accidentally bumped into him. You looked up and you saw the large entrance to the city.

"So this is Sumeru City! It's a lot larger than Inazuma City."

You were astonished by the colors, the structures, and the clothing. You could have never seen anything like this back at home.

Without any warning, the Hat Guy started to walk, leaving the suitcase by your side.

You were confused, "Hey, Hat Guy, where are we going?"

He stopped in his tracks and turned around, "This is where we part ways. I promised to take you to Sumeru, not to be your tour guide." He turned back and started to leave again.

You couldn't let him go, he was the only person you knew in this big, large city. Even though you only knew him for a few days, he was very thoughtful to you, even if he had a sharp tongue.

"B-but where am I going to go?!" you called out to him, only to realize that he was gone.

You were alone, in this large city, with a destination without directions. How were you going to go around this city without him?

"Hey, are you new to Sumeru? I can help you if you want."

—————————————————————————-
Word Count- 921
Thank You for the 684 Views!!!