Chapter 7: Secrets

You were angry. You didn't like people hiding things from you, even if they were too sad for you to handle.

When you were a child, your parents bought you a pet (Your choice). It was a beautiful creature, nothing compared to the other kids' pets. One day, when you arrived home from playing, your pet was nowhere to be found. You looked everywhere in the house, including outside. You told your parents that (pet's name) was nowhere to be found. Your parents didn't react, instead told you that P/N was fine, and probably was exploring somewhere. Of course you believed them, they were your parents. Years later, they told you that they gave your pet away because the neighbors reported your pet to the Tenryou Commission, reasoning unknown. Your parents promised you that from that day forward, they would never lie to you.

You looked at Tighnari, with anger in your eyes. He looked at you, then at his notebook, then back at you.

"I guess it won't be fair if I don't tell you" he sighed, "there is a new substance in Sumeru that can cause someone to go to a state of coma. It's very rare for someone to wake up in a few days, people usually last two months. Like I said before, many don't wake up."

You were in disbelief, but you kept listening, "Two years ago, many Forest Rangers found multiple creatures sleeping, but not reacting to attacks. They would usually wake up after a day or two, so no one gave it too much thought. But for five months now, many forest Rangers have been finding people in Sumeru City and Port Ormos, unconscious. I've been trying to find a cure for it, but I don't know the origin of this substance.  The few people who do wake up never recall what they have done that day."

'Never recall what they have done that day.' That same thought kept circling your head. You remember being attacked before going unconscious. Or did something else happen that you don't remember? Like how did you arrive here? You couldn't have walked by yourself. Unless someone found you and brought you here.

"Excuse me, Mister Tighnari, if I may ask, how did I arrive here?"

He looked at you for a while, then smiled, "Your friend brought you here. Not a, very friendly guy, but considerate."

You looked at him confused. You didn't have friends, at least, not in Sumeru, "Uh, one more question, what is the name of my 'friend'?"

He looked at you for a second before answering, "You probably don't recall. Your friend doesn't seem to have a name."

Like on cue, the leaf-like door opens, revealing the same person whom you had wished to never cross paths with again.

"You want me to introduce myself? I've gone by many names and titles during my journey. Call me whatever you like. Go ahead, let me see what you can come up with. Don't disappoint me."

"YOU?!"

—————————————————————————-
Word Count: 490

A/N: I have read many Character x Reader stories, but I have rarely seen any with a backstory for Y/N, I've decided to give her a short story by adding her memories. I hope that's fine with ya'll. Also, THANK YOU FOR 140 VIEWS!!! And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!