I. To my past, from your future

The canvas of the sky was slowly morphing into its early morning soft blue glow, white cotton clouds scattering around where a few were pale grays, a sign that there was a chance of downpour in a few hours or so. Despite the serenity above, below, the ruins of Utgard Castle were quickly being destroyed by dozens of titans hungrily scratching and making their way to a tower -- the only standing tower, where five fresh members of the Survey Corps were in.

Reiner stared at the flashing scene that stood before him where Ymir, a fellow comrade of his jumped from the merlons of the tower. She lifted the knife in the air, the one she borrowed from Connie before slitting her skin with it — blood gushing out before bright lightnings struck around her body. And seconds after, the sickening transformation of a human turning into a titan happened midair.

This was the person who he just find out minutes ago that could read a language that no one living inside the walls could read.

He watched as Ymir's short titan went after each other mindless titans who were hungrily trying to climb their way on the very tower that they were unsafely on. He, along with Bertolt, Connie, and Krista watched in disbelief at the display -- and only then with how intense the buff blonde have been staring that he realized, " That titan is... "

a flash of a memory of him being pushed aside as he landed on the comfort of the grass with a grunt-a scream-as he watched his friend, Marcel, get eaten by the same titan that was currently biting of the napes of the mindless ones.

" From that day..."

Even with his mind still processing the whole ordeal, he took a grasp of Krista's panicked voice and form almost slipping off on the edge of the building. He gripped her brown booted legs with his uninjured hand —her body was shaking and laying flat on top of the merlon's surface. But with Reiner's save, the girl breathed a sigh of relief and thanked Reiner, only to wince from extreme pain with the way that he was gripping her leg. Too harsh than needed to be.

Connie, watching that there was no way that Krista would be back on her feet with the state Reiner was in decided to help her on his own with pulling her shoulders out from the edge. Reiner only managed to be out of his unknown thoughts when his name was called out once more and Krista worded out her pain.

Reiner stared at the somewhat still smiling Krista who had a thankful and relieved look on her face, and he quickly apologised. But as kind as the girl could get, she shook it off and brought that he saved her so there was nothing to be sorry about. He half-consciously bought that, eyes shifting to focus on the titan of Ymir once more. He knew that the brunette and Krista had been close (perhaps closer than he could ever get to the cute girl) since cadet training, so the thought of Krista knowing Ymir's identity as a shifter shook his veins in the slightest.

But when he questioned the thought, Krista answered that she didn't know anything about that side of Ymir, even then they were so close. Clearly, they were all in the state of shock upon knowing what Ymir was.

" In other words, she knew some of the secrets in our world. " Reiner stared at her titan with disbelieving eyes, a flash of something dark glinting his hazel orbs for a moment, short enough that it went unnoticed by them besides one. " I never suspected such a thing. "

" Do you think she's known about it?  Eren's a titan too, but he didn't know until it happened. But Ymir is like...she was aware of being a titan all along. "

" Are you saying that she might be an enemy of humanity? " Connie gulped at the tone Krista have, a drop of sweat forming on the side of his face. " I'm saying that's one hell of a power to hide. "

Reiner could only stare at Ymir's titan, by now, unable to decipher her true intentions. She continued to fight the titans, with Krista's overwhelming words of encouragements to keep her on going.