II. A Pain In Your Head

" ???? Hey! I told you, you don't have to hide at such a tight place! Who knows what creatures lie before there. You could get eaten by a wild bear, you know. "

" But it's the only way ????. You always find me, I'm getting tired of this game already if it's always you that have to seek. Even if I'm the one that's hiding, you're still better at that. "

" Eh? What's with the sour mood? Come on, ???? You just have to think harder. Think far off ahead. ' It I were this person, where would I hide? Where would I find them? '. "

" If you say so...ah! Wait, ???? Yesterday-"

"  You useless brats! Do your job or I'll give you pig shit for dinner! 

" You're back, Heike. "

The first thing you've taken sight of the moment you have woken up from the seemingly long nightmare you've had, was the darkness of the sky.

It wasn't that entirely dark for you to conclude that it was night, there were still parts of the sky that meant it was still morning, a few rays of sunlight peeking through though only a few specks. In fact, after you blinked for a couple of times with trying to regain enough consciousness, it started to rain—immediately feeling droplets of water hitting your skin.

Strange, you thought.

The last time it had rained in *Heike was a year ago. Out of all the times that it could rain, the clouds up there decided that it would be the day of the extermination. You groaned internally, some parts of your body was blazing in pain. Probably by the fact that your titan have heated aggressively. Despite having had to be trained excessively for that, you wondered why it was giving you excruciating pain right now.

You cursed in your mind the man responsible for the extermination.

The emptiness in your throat brought you to part your lips to drink from the rain that poured at a slow rate. You felt the overwhelming wave of fatigue all throughout your body. But even so, you focused on wetting your throat first.

The rain in the city was dead contaminated by pollution, the chances of dying from it was very high, you assumed. But—by the artificial hearts Dr. Wolf had given you as a 'privilege' for joining the project, apparently, you'd probably get to live another life if this rain ever killed you.

You gulped down the waters and was shocked by the taste --well-- it didn't taste anything which shocked you to the greatest. Acid rain or not, it should have a normal taste, but the polluted rain of your city should have never tasted like this. How could you tell? From experience of course. There was this one crazy delusion old man who decided to corner you in an alley and made you drink a bottle of rain that he saved from the only rain of the year after that day to prove that you were the chosen one. "God", as you remembered him muttering like a mad man, which he probably was. Who even has the right mind to do that and think anyway? It tasted like shit, almost killed you by the way. If it weren't for one of Dr. Wolf's assistant helping you.

Now that your thoughts drifted to Dr. Wolf, your slightly numb hand hovered over your right temple, pressing the button where it would activate your right eye's screen. It didn't work though, much to your displeasure even when pressing it a couple of times.

Since when did signal go shit in the city?

Worst case possible, the government had found out about the whole scheme. You groaned once again, now finding the question of how you ended up somewhere really open. You could be anywhere. A road, on somebody's porch, or maybe even in front of a police station—you at least hoped that it was the former but an empty one at that. Oh, and you hoped you weren't alone.