chapter seven

DARK SECRETS.
chapter seven — CAPTURE THE FLAG
"the longer they gaze into
the depths of each others eyes,
the stronger the invisible string held them together."

 • ☆

. • ☆ . ° .• °:. *₊ ° . ☆

WITH THE HAND OF FOUR, VALENTINA PULLED HERSELF INTO THE TRAIN AS IT SLOWLY BEGAN TO TAKE OFF. he squeezed her hand subtly to let her know she was alright before allowing her to join her group of friends. she hoped tris would pull through with their plan and make it. she wanted to see the priceless look on eric's face.

"firecracker!" uriah yelled, drawing the attention of nearly everyone on the train cart. he lifted valentina effortlessly, spinning her around causing her to giggle at her friends antics.

"i didn't realize dauntless born would be apart of this." valentina said as he set her back down on her feet. "hey guys." she greeted lynn and marlene.

"this is dauntless tradition. they gather all initiates, born and transfers, for a fun little war game. zeke said its capture the flag." uriah told her, slinging an arm across her shoulder with his signature goofy grin. "i'm excited."

lynn rolled her eyes, "of course you would. if i get the chance, i'm shooting you in the ass cheek."

"you wouldn't dare!" uriah dramatically gasped, lightly shoving her back.

"try me!" lynn challenged him, shoving him back at well causing his arm to fall from valentina's shoulder. the two started bickering back and forth with one another while valentina watched as soon as marlene chimed in on lynn's side.

eric rolled his eyes at the groups behavior, mainly uriah and lynn. he was already annoyed when he watched uriah interact with valentina. it ticked him off even more when he wrapped his arm around her as if she were his girlfriend. that thought alone was enough to fill him with raging jealousy. he absolutely despised the thought of her with someone else. these sudden feelings were foreign to him and he hated it. he never thought he'd feel this way over some girl, yet here he was.

"enough you guys!" eric boomed, standing right behind valentina as he glared at the dauntless born. they all flinched and quieted down instantly, backing away from the leader in submission. valentina rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest at his antic.

"relax, they weren't even doing anything bad." valentina defended her friends, causing the air in the atmosphere to shift into a tense one. silence fell upon everyone as they watched with careful caution between the two.

eric eyes darkened in rage at her defense. he wasn't sure if it was over the fact she was back talking him, or the fact she took their side. he knew it was the latter although he would never in a million years admit it.