CHAPTER TWO

After standing at the gate for a while, she took a deep breath before walking through.

        "Good morning sir". Tope greeted the gate man as she walked into the gate.

          "Good morning dear, welcome". He responded. She walked past the parking lot, she'd been in the school for four days now but she still can't get enough of the school. It was indeed beautiful. The parking lot was tight as parents brought in their children.

             "Tope"?.  Someone called out, she froze on the spot, as far as she knew nobody knows her, and from her calculations she didn't remember talking to anyone for the past days she'd been in the school. But anyways she turned to face the person.

       "You're Tope right?, the scholarship student"?.  The girl asked. Tope could only nod.

          "Hi I'm Anderson Tomiwa, and I'm in your class, I've actually been wanting to talk to you, but I didn't know where to start".  Tomiwa explained.

          "Oka.........y"?. Tope spoke like a broken record.

          "So can we........... I don't know, but can we be friends"?.  She asked. Tope took the time to study Tomiwa and of course, she smelt wealthy. From her braid down to her black leather shoes spoke volumes of her affluence. But the question was why does a rich girl like her want to be friends with someone as poor as Tope.

          "If it's okay with you". Tope replied, selecting her words carefully.

        "Thank you. So let's go to class then. And prepare for assembly".  Tomiwa suggested making Tope to bounce back from her sea of thoughts.

         "Umm sure". They walked to class, there where other students there, students Tope doesn't even know their names. But one thing was similar about them and that was they all looked wealthy. In fact they where wealthy.

      Tope would never in her wildest dreams, dreamt of attending a school like Lake Ville high. But as fate would have it she won the scholarship by winning an inter school debate she didn't even expect to win.

      She kept her bag on her sit and as it was, Tomiwa was sitting next to her, although it was a one person sit, but their chairs was next to each other. Somehow Tope never noticed, for the few days she had been in the school.

           "Did you do your assignment"?.  Tomiwa asked as they went out for assembly.

          "Yes, and you"?. Tope who was beginning to get comfortable around her asked.

            "Yes I did,.................. I'm also new here, but I resumed first term".  Tomiwa informed as they claimed down the stairs.

          "I resumed on Monday". Tope said "This third term".

             "I know". Tomiwa chuckled, Tope joined her upon realising her own silliness.

   They got into the Hall, where the assembly always held. Today's assembly went as every other days went, they praised and worshiped, sang a hymn, and as usual the principal climbed the pedium to give any nitty or gritty announcement he had for the students.
Then they returned back to their classroom in a coordinated order to avoid accidents.

       Agricultural science was their first class for the day so Mr Adewale walked in.     
    The topic was API---- CULTURE, a topic Tope was quite familiar with.

             "Let's go out for lunch". Tomiwa suggested during lunch break, as everyone filled out of the class room.

            "I don't have money". Tope replied.

         "Don't worry the school provides that, it's part of our school fees". Tomiwa explained, to Tope's disbelief.

          "I'm not aware".  Tope said as Tomiwa yanked her out of the class, in the process she accidentally hit a girl who was walking pass.

         "I'm so sorry". Tope apologized.

         "It's okay. You are the new scholarship student right"?. She asked.

        "Yes I am". Tope replied.

         "I'm Ife oluwa Jane ". She introduced.

       "I'm Bolade Temitope".

         "I'm Anderson Tomiwa".

         "Okay. I hope to see you girls again, I'ld love to have lunch with you but unfortunately I'm busy, see you again bye". Jane smiled and walked away.

       "She was really nice". Tope said as they walked into the cafeteria.

         "Yes she was. I'm guessing you haven't made any friends yet"?.

            "Yes  I haven't, what about you"?. Tope asked.

            "I have, I'm really social". They had already been served  their meals by now.  "Hmmm so it's jollof rice and Moi moi".

       "It's not bad". They took their food and went to sit.

         "Tomiwa what's up"?. A boy called walking pass, as Tomiwa replied with a smile.

         "One of your friends"?. Tope asked.

        "Yes, but I've known him since primary school".

           "Which school did you transfer from"?. Tope asked after carefully chewing her food and swallowed.

        "Dominion college, a boarding school in Abuja, and you"?.

          " Government Girls college a public school in ikoyi". Tope replied.

     Although they where beginning to know each other but Tope knew she wasn't in Tomiwa's class. Infact she was an outcast and complete novice in the school. She considers herself a nobody, so before she spoke a word she calculates.

     She didn't want any trouble so she wasn't inviting it, by avoiding it. She was the only daughter of her father so avoiding soiling her image she behaved, composed and comported herself.

Like we say : She CANE her LANE.

    Because she knows where she is coming from.

_____________(A/N)

99.9% edited so it's safe to read.
   Lol there are so many many Yoruba names in this chapter, Ekele oooo. please bare with me.

        Let's not even start talking about the fictional places 😂.

Dominion college is fictional but Abuja is a real place in Nigeria. Infact it's our federal capital territory.

      Government Girls college is a real school but I'm 0.99% sure it's in Lagos. But ikoyi is a real place in Lagos.

Cane her lane------- Respect one's self. (Slang)
Ekele------- I'm sorry. (Yoruba)
Secondary School-------- High school.
Moi moi------ A meal made from beans and other spices. Also known as (Bean Cake).

      When writing my manuscript I remembered one of the inter school debate competition I participated in back in secondary School. 😂😂👍. So I added that in the book.

             So guys I'm reading this book titled THE SILVER LORD.
A Harlequin (Historical) collection.
        And the book is 🤯.

   I personally recommend it.    

So far I appreciate my readers, viewers and commentors and all my friends for their love and support. It really means alot guys. 🥺🥺

    .....It's me your girl......

             Stephanie:-)