CHAPTER THREE

"I'm done ma". Tope called the attention of the woman who's hair she was braiding.

                "Wow......it's so pretty and neat".    She exclaimed looking in the mirror she held.                           "I never knew you were this good. This is simply beautiful". She paid Tope for her device still admiring the hair.

            "Thank you ma". Hope said ready to leave.

           "Hope you will come again and make my hair"?. She asked looking at Tope earnestly.

           "Yes ma, just tell me when you're ready and I'll come". Tope replied and left. She didn't walk far before arriving at her place, since it was the same compound.

             "Daddy I'm back". She announced as she walked into the living room.

         "Welcome. Hope she liked it"?.  Mr Tunde asked.

           "Yes she did........... Shola". She called.

          "You're back"?. He asked when he came from the parted room.    "You did not wast time at all". He commented.

         "I'm going to the market. So please look after daddy and watch the weather so rain won't fall on the clothes I washed and hanged outside".  She instructed. "Daddy I'm going".

         "Okay". Shola replied taking a sit.

           "I'm going. Don't forget the clothes ooh". She yelled from outside.
She was already outside the compound when she heard Shola shouting her name.

            "Daddy is calling you". He informed when he reached her. They walked back to the house together.

          "Yes Daddy"?. She walked closer to him.

          "Take, use it to buy a new school shoe". He told her shoving some cash into her hands.

         "Daddy where did you get this from?, Don't tell me you went to that gardening job again". She said totally taken aback. Her father usually went for gardening jobs from time to time but as his health kept failing he stopped. Or so she though.

          "I couldn't bear watching you wear those old, appalling sandals to school anymore. And I'll be blue if you continue to wear them". He explained.

          "But I wasn't complaining". She said rubbing her eyes to avoid her tears from flowing.

           "You won a scholarship Tope, to a big prestigious school at that. I'm proud of you. Take it as a reward". He smiled at her holding her cheeks.

            "Thank you sir'. She wispered but loud enough for him to hear.

          "Oya start going before those good for nothing boys starts looking for who to steal from and molest".  He said as she starts  leaving the house.

           "Come on time ooh". Shola yelled from inside.

         She didn't want to count the money, to avoid preying eyes and dangerous attention so she just held it tightly till she arrived at the market.

             "How much for the fish ma". She priced stopping at a shed.

               "One five". The seller replied.

            "Ahh it's too much, how last".  Tope bargained.

          "That's the last price my daughter". The woman maintained. "Oya how much, will you pay for it"?. The woman called as Tope started walking away.

          "Is it not one thousand naira". Tope bargained.

           "My daughter look au this fish, na better talapia be this ooh, oya take it one two". The woman considered, reducing from the price amount.

           "Oya wrap it". Tope agreed after moment of thought.
Although still a teenager Tope has mastered the marketing techniques of bargaining and haggling of price.

  She knew when she was cheated and when she got the worth of her money. So she was bearly cheated.
       And so she bought all the items she needed until she recalled the shoes. On getting to a shoe shop she counted the money her father had earlier folded in her hands.

          "It's seven thousand". She wispered.   " Ma how much is this"?. She asked pointing to a shoe that caught her attention and attracted her.

       "It's five thousand". The woman replied.

         "Madam how much last"?. She bargained.

           "This is Italian leather shoe. Original one , how much will you take it"?.  The seller asked.

         "Three eight". Tope replied scanning the shoe and looking at it's foot size number.

           "Bring four thousand". The woman said.

           "It's three eight I have". Tope maintained.

           "Oya bring it. But I'm only giving you because you are a child ooh".  The woman explained as Tope sized the shoe luckily it suited her perfect.
          She collected the shoe after it was wrapped from the seller.

         "Thank you ma". She said and left the shop, heading home.

__________(A/N)

   99.9% edited.

      The silver Lord ........
          DONE and DUSTED.
       Congrats to fan and her captain who welcomed their bouncing baby boy at the end of the book.

      While writing this chapter i was inspired by Nigerian mother's method of haggling prices. They are ready to price an item from five thousand down to five hundred 😂😂. Lol.

      So MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR guys.......

       Don't let me down and I won't let you down. 💛

       I love you 😘♥️ three thousand.

     It's me and always me

              ....Stephanie:-)....