𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀/𝐍

so, um...

holy shit.

first of all, hi. thank you for reading 'Infinity'! I've been writing this for like, three years, which is pretty big for me.

thank you all so much for 65k and for the continued support. I love reading everybody's comments, it's my favorite part about posting lol I get excited every time. thanks in particular to my mutuals, I love you guys!!

second of all, this is an a/n dedicated to my plans for the story. I have a lot more plot and a number of ideas, but I'm still not sure which ones I want to keep and what I want to scrap.

I have to ask - would you guys want to read season 2? or would you rather I clean up what I have written now to end neatly here?

bc ORIGINALLY I planned to end this at chapter 17 (one more closing chapter) and what would have happened was a WHOLE different Minta reveal that would not have made a huge difference but left me with some questions about 'okay, well what now' as well as some plot holes.

but by the time I realized that I'd already written in Minta and had a whole story planned for her, so I had to kind of do a little shift if I wanted to keep going.

HOWEVER there is a lot I have to go back and fix and rewrite because so many chapters of this story were written several MONTHS apart. like ive seen a few comments and gotten a couple pms asking questions about plot holes or little weird things and, um, yeah, I can and will fix that. 

it's hard to keep track of everything because even if I go back through the last few chapters, I've changed course like three times while writing this so there are random things that didn't get explained and other things that got overdeveloped only to lead to nothing. I really care abt this story, so I want it to be polished and as readable as possible.

her powers were a struggle for me because I didn't want to make affinity too overpowered too soon.  I also was trying to avoid making her like,,, the strongest hero ever while still giving her substantial power.  I think her lack of flight did a good job nerfing her, but that's a big consistency thing I want to fix also.

also immediately after publishing 16 I thought of SO much I wanted to add. there's just... more I wish I included.

and I'm still not totally sold on continuing past 17, and if I don't, I'll probably make a post about that too, at which point I would make major changes to the last few chapters.

notably, mark and affinity would have shared a more 'intimate' moment at the school and minta's reveal would be completely rewritten.

I think there are some awkward spots because I didn't really know where/how far I wanted to go, and it peeks through in the writing a little bit.

either way there is SOOOO much that needs to be fixed here.  so that's what I'm going to be working on before anything new, I'm sorry for the wait.

BUT I do have plans for this story as of right now. to be so honest, probably not much past season 2 or 3 (granted that the tv series follows the comics) because I kind of want to lay this to rest and also bc there is SO much invincible. the compendiums are HEFTY.

I have a handful of other fic ideas I'm sitting on and I'm currently working on a personal novel (which I hope to share with you guys...) and it's a lot easier to focus on one thing at a time.

plus, I think my writing style has really grown (or at least changed) since I started writing Infinity.

but like I have a whole PAGE of notes exploring affinity's powers and her other planet and all of that stuff. I had some real world building going on that I'd like to share, so for now, season 2 is on the way.

if I had to guess, the next chapter of main story will probably be out in late January (meaning it will probably be more like early March sorry guys).

I hope season 2 will mean more invincible fics. there's a criminally low amount of them.

and why are they all yandere like has anybody noticed that. especially on tumblr ??

ANYWAY

here's the moment we've all been waiting for - I will be posting a chapter explaining affinity's backstory, and a little about her planet and its inhabitants (like general information, not as much 'lore') really soon.  kind of like the atom eve episode.

which I hope will answer a few of the bigger questions going on rn...

I hope you guys enjoyed so far!!! thank you again for reading!

I love and appreciate any feedback:)

-weirdowithapurpose