Unexpected perspectives

"C'mon Yoonaaa!" Annie whined with desperation in her voice. "Come with me."

"Nah, why being so sudden to go for a run?" Suspiciously asked Yoona. "I'm not in the mood to run, I'd rather chill and smoke, but I have to buy myself some weed first."

"I'll go with you afterwards." Annie cheered. "Please Yoonaaaa."

"You'll go with me to buy weed?" Yoona was amazed. "You're weird. What do you hide? Tell me now or I won't go anywhere."

"Nothing. Okay, stop looking at me like that. I promise nothing big. Just come with me and you'll see."

"You're weird, I tell you. I hope I won't regret it."

"You won't. Now let's change and go soon."

They jogged down the hallway from their dormitory room and sneaked through the broken back door.

"We'll have to hurry if we want to be home before curfew." Yoona exhaled heavily, trying not to lose her breath as they were running.

"It's Saturday, we'll be fine."

"How's the mom thing?"

Annie scoffed but masked it as a heavy breath.

"Wut you mean by that?"

"You know... that night when we partied. You were down all week afterwards."

"So what?" Annie snapped.

"Chill dude, I'm just concerned about you."

Annie immediately felt sorry but didn't want to discuss this painful memory with her best friend. She wouldn't understand her even if she explained how her whole life was constructed. Her mother broke her heart again in pieces, and she was still trying to mend it. With the help of the time, it will stay in the past as one of those memories she placed in her imaginary drawers.

Sometimes, they peaked and showed their faces to her late at night or when she sees a mother being affectionate with her kid in a loving way, threatening to make her cry.

Some tears were about to come out of her eyes, but she pushed them back.

"Eveything is fine. We're good."

"Is this why you didn't go home this weekend?"

"No."

"Good that you're so chatty." sarcastically tossed Yoona.

"Ya! Stop it and let's just run." Annie shook her head and continued with their run.

"Where are we headed to anyway? This place looks familiar... No way!"

"What?" Annie replied to her with a sly smile.

"Are we going to Jun's house?"

"Shhhh, quieter, please! He may be around the neighborhood."

"Oh you're unbelievable! This is where you wanted to go? It was not just for the run!" Yoona exclaimed with a wide-eyed expression while jogging backwards and facing Annie.

"Yeah, so?"

Annie was looking around with an uneasy face.

"What do you mean"so"? You're stalking him right now. No. WE are stalking him."

"Oh don't play that card with me. Forgot a month ago that I came with you for a walk in Hyun's neighborhood and we met him by chance?"

"You little devil." Yoona mumbled mainly to herself.

"We're even now. Now shush and be careful not to see us."

"Didn't you ditch him already?"

"Yeah like I would." Annie thought to herself. She didn't even succeed in catching him first, what's left about ditching him.