Unresolved emotions

"Annie!" Both of them said in a surprise after she announced herself in such a dramatic way.

"Sorry, I'm so sorry for interrupting. And the cup." She hurriedly tried to clean the mess.

"You're gonna cut yourself." San jumped next to her to help.

"Annie..." barely joined the voice of Yoona.

"I'm fine!" Annie shouted. 

She calmed herself with a few short breaths. "I'm fine. Please continue." The resentment in her voice was hard to hide even though she wanted to. 

She went back to the room in several strides, found her phone, and nervously looked around if she forgot something.

"Annie, wait, what are you doing?" Yoona swooped in the room.

"It's almost morning, I'm going home."

"Wait, are you mad at me?"

"Don't be silly. Why would I be?" She scoffed.

It was hard for Annie to look her in the eyes, so she escaped from the room. "I have to go now. What if Jun comes back in a sudden?" Nervous laugh escaped her lungs. "See you later."

"Bye." Annie muttered to San without stopping or waiting for a response and exited the house.

She took a long, cold breath and exhaled slowly. Then she jogged to the dormitory without stopping and sneaked straight to her room.

Not after long her phone rang. The screen said "Mom."

"Hi, mom."

"Aren't you going to come home?"

What happened yo "Hi" or "How are you?" Annie thought.

"I'll come. But tomorrow we're going to the sports camp."

"We'll see about that. Come. Today." She hung up and Annie was left with a marvelled expression.

Not again. No. What's gonna happen if she can't go to the camp and participate in the competitions? The whole school will be discussing her again. She'd miss the one thing she was looking for for several months.

What did she even do to be talked to this way again? She wondered if it was because she didn't go home for the weekend but Annie clearly remembered that her mom wasn't bothered by the idea when they said goodbye last weekend after the incident night. What was it again? Was she mad at someone else and taking it out on her again? Was it her job or her aunt and uncle? Did she had trouble with money again?

She started calculating just in case her savings if she needed to use them for the camp. Twenty bucks may do the job.

Ugh. Whatever. Better go and check if she'd be able to persuade her AGAIN for the camp.

Maybe it was better now to go home and not meet Yoona after that uncomfortable encounter in the morning.

Yes. She still had time to make it to the station on time. Annie grabbed some dark t-shirts, jeans and empty food boxes from the fridge and made it out before Yoona had the time to arrive.

The whole ride home Annie felt sleepy. Her mind played the pictures of the recent past that made her anxious. She should contain her demons for now. Yes. She shouldn't angry her mother and wait for the right moment to ask her again about the sports camp. She'll deal tomorow with the situation from the morning. 

Everything will be fine for now. 

She felt no movement and jumped in a hurry, realising she's about to miss her stop.