Justice for Jack

I looked down at the grave of the person I could have loved.

I remembered the way his dark warm brown eyes had looked into mine, and the last thing he had said to me before his life was ripped away.

"I like it when you worry about me." He had said, pulling me close to him with a grin. I had not said anything, unsure of how I felt at that moment. He had leaned in and touched his nose to mine.

We had shared our first kiss about 3hours before his last breath.

I have cried every tear I had. I felt love from his family, and saw their tears. Every raw emotion has been dragged from me in the last few days. All except one. One person was not here at his burial- nor was he there for his family.

Murderer. I felt the word rip through my heart like a knife. That was what he was- he was a murderer and a terrorist. Hate. Hate and anger rushed through me. It was not better than the pain of sorrow, but it was at least a little different. It felt wild and dangerous inside me.

He was his brother!

What brother would fire a gun into an open crowd? What brother would fire into that open crowd, knowing his brother was there?!!

He was a sociopath. I felt light flash in my eyes- the light of rage. In that light I saw him waving a gun in my face. I saw him threatening me,  murder in his eyes, and then I knew.

The Purple Skull gang would die, or I would die. I was fine with either outcome, honestly. Who would be there to miss me anyway? Maybe the librarians or a few people at the bar where I held a low paying job. Jack was the closest to family I had.

Jack was dead. I was done hiding.

~~~~
Jaypith

Jaypith looked around him in confusion. He saw a green sky, and violet grass. All around him for miles was wasteland and grass- flat earth with strange grass. Miles of nothing, except the little muddy puddle in which he stood.

He shook his head. How had he been led astray? Surely the stone had wanted him to come here?

"'And he shall travel through the void thrice...'"he repeated to himself softly. "Why? Why not take me to the Seer now?"

He sighed, aggravated and dreading what would happen as he pulled out the white orb from his pocket.

"Back to the Void then." He said softly. Just in case, he held his breath this time as he fell into the white portal that opened up beneath him.

Thankfully he landed on the rock, near the stone on the pedestal this time. He shuddered and gasped as he took his hand away from his face and stumbled back. The stone seemed to have a type of gravity of its own, almost.

"I cannot take much more of this." Jaypith muttered, sweat dripping down his forehead.

He felt the hair on the back of his neck tingle, and he spun around in time to see a green light, like a little bug, floating behind him in the darkness. Curious, he slowly stepped towards it. It floated towards him from the blackness as more floated up out of the black water below the rock island he stood upon.

The light touched him, and he gasped in pain. It was like an electric shock, and it disappeared after touching him, leaving a mark on his hand. More were now swarming up out of the dark water, and Jaypith shook his head in dread.

"That cannot be good."

He turned back to the pedestal, and once again the Seerstone lit blue as he touched the orb again.