Part 2

"Shit, shit, I knew it. You're fucking drunk. You don't taste drunk." His eyes widened at the implication of his own words, hands flying to his lips, then to his hair, ruffling his fluffy strands. "Shit, I'm so sorry! Fuck!"

It was so strange to hear Seokjin, who was usually so soothing and patient with his tone, spout off in this panicked cursing. The absurdity knocked you out of your shock and a sharp pain faded back in, forcing you to reach for your thigh again. You felt a warm dampness and looked down, noticing dark red had begun to seep through the flimsy bandaid you'd stuck on after showering.

"What...what happened to your leg?" Seokjin asked as his gaze followed yours down. You watched as his years of training began to overtake his panic at the other situation. "Wait. Let me get the first aid kit." He was out of the room before you could say another word.

What the fuck had just happened? You replayed the events in your mind with a new, awake perspective. You had fallen asleep on the couch. Seokjin found you on the couch and brought you in here to his bed. But you thought it was a dream. You kissed him. It would be so embarrassing except...Seokjin had kissed you back. And as far as you could tell, he wasn't drunk or half-asleep. He'd definitely kissed you. His hand had definitely just been squeezing your tit, right?

He returned with the first aid kit and, after switching on the lights, he set to work, peeling off your band-aid and assessing your cut.

"This happened at work?" he said with a disappointed huff.

You shrugged. "It didn't seem like a big deal at the time. Accidents happen."

His grimace deepened, though the downturn only rounded the plush of his lips and drew your mind back to his kiss. "I already worried about you before when you worked at the shop," he continued. "Now you're already getting hurt at the track."

That was enough to make you peel your eyes away from his lips and stare out across his bedroom instead. Unlike your brainy brother and his best friend, both of whom had run to medical school as fast as they could, you'd followed your childhood love of cars right into mechanic repair, much to your parent's chagrin. It didn't always pay the bills, so you'd picked up odd jobs over the years—barista, fitness instructor, delivery driver. But finally, finally this year you'd landed your dream job—working on race cars. You'd been at the track all day, getting to know the team and the workings of the raceway, and spent half the time touching cars you'd only ever watched in videos. It had been all your fantasies realized until another careless rookie somehow sent a tapered awl careening in your direction. Luckily, it had only grazed you before pinging off the lifted tire chassis just behind you and skittering to the floor. Still, it had sliced right through your jumpsuit and left you with a nasty cut on your thigh. After tightly wrapping it in some clean rags, you'd powered through the rest of your day, but by quitting time your body was at a new level of exhaustion. It was why you'd ended up here in the first place.

This new job meant everything to you and Seokjin knew it. Hell, he'd been there with Yoongi and Jungkook to celebrate when you'd gotten the offer. You didn't want to admit it, but it hurt hearing that he didn't approve after all, especially when you were so used to him being the first to back up your decisions, no matter how unorthodox.

"Hey, don't misunderstand me," he said and you forced yourself to look back in his direction. His eyes still didn't meet yours though and you hissed a little as he rolled antiseptic onto your cut. "I know you're passionate about what you do. I didn't mean I thought you should stop. Just that I worry. I'll take care of you no matter what, but I just want you to be careful out there, alright?"

"Take care of me?" you laughed. Seokjin was studying specifically to be a pediatric doctor. "You take care of children, Seokjin."

His eyes finally slid up to yours and there was something new and unreadable floating within them. The sight sent a nervous shiver prickling down your spine.