- Chapter 1 -

Author POV

Several years ago, the Royal families of  the Kingdom of Connecté and the Kingdom of Braetia were friendly, nothing violent happened between the families and towns people. As many people would even joke saying that both kingdoms were one. It was a peaceful and beautiful bond that the two kingdoms had and the bond couldn't break even if a war broke out .

Until one year when Prince Rafael became king and took over the Kingdom of Braetia that's when all hell broke lose. He had this fantasy that he would rule both kingdoms hence his hatred for the royal family began to grow. His paranoia of stepping down from the throne made him into a raging and aggressive devil that walked on earth. However, being the monster he was he wanted to have blood on his hands, the blood of Connectés' King. Therefore, he sent more than 4 spies into the Kingdom of Connecté, many of his spies reported to King Rafael that the Kingdom of Connecté would attack them on the Semana De Amistad (week of friendship). What was normally known as the week of feasts and giving gifts to the people in the kingdoms turned into the gate way of Hell.

King Rafael ambushed the kingdom of Connecté and killed innocent civilians just to feed his desire to rule both kingdoms. Many soldiers, children, mothers and fathers were injured and died in this gruesome and painful battle. However, Connecté fought back to protect the people and the royal family. They fought with all the soldiers available and they fought harder and stronger than the soldiers of Breatia. Throughout the battle a few spies were assigned to kidnap poor families and take them back to their kingdom, and many families weren't going anywhere without putting up a fight. Though some were successful others weren't, many spies and investigators were killed in the battle and some fled back to their kingdom with injuries.

After a long battle the soldiers of Breatia retreated as they were outnumbered by the soldiers of Connecté and left their king unguarded. Luckily, 3 brave soldiers were able to capture King Rafael and was brought to the King of Connecté. Rafael faced the court and jury in trial whether he was to be sentenced to life or death for 3 days. After 4 days he was given death by hanging and who once was King of Breatia was taken into the Chamber of Criminals by King Park the 6th himself.

From that year forward, the Royal families of the 2 kingdoms began to distance themselves from each other and slowly the friendship between the families began disappear and slowly the hatred spread throughout the families.

The families that once were friends became enemies for generations. And the war was forever named  "The Devils Raid". It was known as "La Incursión Del Diablo" in Breatia. And it was also known as "Le Raid Des Diables" in Connecté

Sunghoon POV

Many look at the history of this kingdom as bad luck and many people in the kingdom don't even say that Kings name as they believe something bad will happen. However few individuals, like myself see it as a possibility to connect together and share the friendship that we once had and if we were to have that friendship again we will have a greater chance at war with other kingdoms.

My name is Park Sunghoon, I am the son of King Park Hyunjun also known as King Park the 12th. I am the oldest son of King Hyunjun but I can't forget about my other siblings. I have two younger brothers, Jay and Jake, Jay is younger by 5 minutes and Jake is younger by 7 minutes. Yes, that's right we are triplets! Even though they give me headaches and fake fight here and there, we are really close to the point we know each other's schedules by heart.

When I was the age of 16 my father pulled me and my brothers aside and talked about how we view our history can shape how we want to rule over the kingdom once we were kings

King Hyunjun: Kids we all know the good and bad things about the history of our kingdom correct?

02' Kids: Yes sir! We do!

King Hyunjun: are there any question or statements you want to say?

If I'm being honest, many emotions and thoughts hit me so hard I didn't know where to start asking questions or aging statements but I ended up asking,

Sunghoon: why were we attacked when we were just celebrating the week of friendship??

King Hyunjun: Well that's simple the-

Jake: yeah it's a nice and beautiful week where we get gifts and have fun-

King Hyunjun: Again it's a simple explanation my little ones but-

Jay: that week is where we can cook all our favourite foods for the families of the kingdom and share a good laugh!! But-

Jake: I wonder what went through everyone's mind-

Sunghoon: I mean we don't even celebrate it anymore because of the-

Jay: I can't imagine the thought process of that king-

King Hyunjun: BOYS!!

We turned our heads slowly to our father only to look at the floor quickly as it's rare to see my father scream at us as we are his only children.

King Hyunjun: I'm sorry for raising my voice boys but I forget that you guys are triplets and read each others mind

He said with a loving voice while turning all of our heads to get our attention

King Hyunjun: but do you want me to explain and answer your questions??

02' Kids: yes father!

King Hyunjun: we were attacked on that week because Rafael thought we were preparing for war in that week-

Sunghoon: why would they think that? But it does make sense, we were preparing for the gifts but not for war

King Hyunjun: I mean we still celebrate it to this day but it's not as festive as it was... BUT I hope you kids won't take the history of the kingdom for granted and shape the future of the kingdom to a better than it is

Since then I've been studying the history even more and the conversation between father and I, made me feel more eager to become king. From that moment, I have been training to be the next king of Connecté. I started my training when I was 17, and my journey wasn't easy as many tears were shed, many litres of sweat fell of my body, had laughs were I couldn't breathe and I am currently 23, my brothers and I will be turning 24 in 1 week therefore my father will make his announcement who will take over the throne. My brothers Jay and Jake have been with me throughout my training as they too want to become King.

____________________

???: You are going somewhere your majesty??

???: what if they catch you?

???: what would you do if the Queen finds out?

____________________

Well I hope you all had a good read and may you have a good day/night my dear readers :))))

- Author-nim