1. Pilot

» [Wine Pon You - Doja cat] «

0:00 〇───── 3:39

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"Miss Cameron, I need that submitted tomorrow ok?"

"Nancy, you know me, I'll have it in by this evening" I say, giving her my best fake smile.

I step away from the big glass desk, carrying my laptop bag at my side, 

"Talk later yeah?" She says

"Cant, I've somewhere to be" I lie before turning to walk through the doors of the reception.

My back aches from sitting in those shitty office meeting chairs, in fact I've been sitting on one for the last 3 hours. Mr. Diego found me a new case to work on, 

"Sophie Smith" I mumble with a hint of amusement in my voice. I remember hearing about her on the news when I was a child. She was presumed dead years ago but something reopened the case, not sure what though. I place the document into my bag and step out onto the streets of San Francisco. The heat hits me in the face, making me want to walk backwards into the building again. Summer heat in Cali is no joke, I've passed out so many times while trying to get stuff done out here.

I manoeuvre between people rushing and walking towards their own destinations. I finally reach my parking spot and unlock my Mercedes. I sit into it and almost scream because of how hot the seats are from baking in the sun all day. I hop out again and stand outside it waiting for the leather to magically cool down.

"Fuck sake" I mumble as I slip off my white suit coat and throw it over the seat. I sit in again and don't melt my ass off this time.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally arrive back at my apartment after twenty whole minutes of sitting and waiting for the traffic to move the fuck on. I stand in the elevator, listening to the funny song younger me would've definitely danced to. The metal doors slide open revealing a long corridor with lots of doors along the walls. I take a few steps and turn left to face my door. I slide the key into the lock and I immediately feel relieved as the cool air brushes over my skin. 

My kitchen is connected to the lounge, separated by a so called minibar with small stools. There's a small corridor to the left of the kitchen which has a pretty big bathroom with a shower and a bath. The next room down is my bedroom, a king sized bed sits in the middle of the room with two bedside tables on either side. The last room is my wardrobe. Nearly the whole thing is filled with suits, blacks, whites, reds, greens, you name it I have it. Obviously I have more things in here also but suits are the majority. I pull off my shoes and place them neatly onto my shoe rack beside my rail of clothes. 

I walk over to the freezer, taking out the frozen pizza I bought last week onto a wire tray and I let the oven preheat. I sit on my white couch and turn on the seventy inch television that's on the wall. I flick though the channels until I come across the news.

"Sophie smith, a girl that was thought to be dead over ten years ago, has had her case reopened by officials this morning"

I raise an eyebrow. That was quick to reach the news, I suppose a lot of people know about her so that's why the news spread fast.

"It's believed that someone has tried to dig up her body in her resting place in France, the evidence shows that the person successfully did so, we're here now in Paris to talk to a forensic scientist, Michael Diaz"