Chapter 10

Jimin forced her eyes open when she was awoken by the sound of a door closing. The house had gone quiet, and suddenly, there was a dip in the mattress on the bed. She knew that it was Minjeong, who else would it be after all?

The copper-haired said nothing, though, so Jimin assumed that she thought the dark-haired was asleep, which was a valid assumption. Jimin had no idea how she was awake, probably just an hour or so after having gone to sleep. She didn't know whether she was sober or not, though she figured that she wasn't.

She still definitely didn't feel very in control of herself, and perhaps that was why she found herself murmuring, "Minjeong?"

"Why are you still awake?" Minjeong asked, her voice gentle and soothing. Jimin suddenly felt soft hands and fingers running through her hair, and the feeling caused Jimin's eyelids to fall.

"Dunno," Jimin mumbled, suddenly feeling ten times more tired.

"Go to sleep," Minjeong encouraged, and Jimin didn't have to be asked twice.

When she woke up for real the next morning, with the sun dripping in from the outside world and some awful sound coming from the kitchen, Jimin felt absolutely terrible. The only thing that kept her from groaning as though she'd woken from the dead was the sleeping form of Minjeong next to her. She was slightly surprised that the copper-haired was still asleep. She wasn't for long, though, because as Jimin was laying on her back, with her eyes closed and her brain strained in trying to make herself feel better, Minjeong stirred. "Are you awake, Jimin?" she asked quietly.

"Mm," Jimin hummed, afraid that if she spoke, her head might implode on itself. She felt movement on the bed next to her, and then Jimin felt herself sink further into the mattress, telling her that Minjeng had gotten up. She forced her eyes open, despite the light, and looked at Minjeong as she stretched her toned arms up above her head.

When the girl turned around, she gave Jimin a soft look. "I'll be right back with some water."

Jimin didn't say anything as Minjeong left the room, but when she was gone, the dark-haired let out a deep breath. The previous night was somewhat of a blur, but she could recall the basics. 

After feeling like shit, she had decided to overindulge in alcohol, which had been a lot of fun until she reached her limit and threw up.

A few moments later, Minjeong returned to the room and sat on the side of the next, next to Jimin. She handed the dark-haired girl a water bottle and a painkiller. Jimin, still not trusting her voice, sat up a little and took back the painkiller with a swig of water, and then took a few more sips of the smooth liquid before she thanked Minjeong.

"Thank you," she finally said, exhaling carefully and then inhaling through her nose. She felt like she might throw up. "Ugh. I'm so stupid."

Minjeong gave her a reassuring smile. "Trust me, we all are at some point or another. Do you feel alright to get up? Yuuto's made pancakes. They help with your stomach, and your head, I promise."

"Give me a second," Jimin said, inhaling slowly again. When she exhaled, she gave Minjeong a curious look. "How are you all fine and dandy?"

"I think that I may have a little more experience with alcohol than you do, Jimin," Minjeong answered, her voice teasing and yet serious. Jimin nearly laughed, but then her stomach complained and she winced. Food would probably be the best idea at the moment, but she couldn't bring herself to move at all. "Drink some more water, and you'll be fine, I promise."

Jimin sighed, nodding, and took another drink from the water bottle. Then, holding it tightly in her hand, she sat up the rest of the way. Minjeong got off of the bed, giving Jimin room to get out of it, and then they both went to the kitchen. Yuuto was at the stove, a stack of pancakes on a plate next to him. Minjeong and Jimin headed for the bar stools lined neatly at the bar, and Yuuto turned to give Jimin a wide smile.