Chapter 11

Jimin had gone to bed pretty early on Sunday because the excitement of the entire weekend had drained her completely, even though she'd slept so much already. She knew that she should probably be focused less on sleeping and more on eating enough food because her mom had made a good point about how much Jimin had been eating, but she just felt so conflicted.

The only things that calmed her down were her new friends and her art.

Which is why she expected Monday to be a decent day, and it would prove to be, luckily.

Having gone to sleep so early the previous night, Jimin was up before the sun began to rise on Monday morning. She didn't mind waking up early, either, because she had plenty of time to wake up before driving herself to school, and she even arrived at school early. However, upon arriving, she realized that she didn't have anyone to talk to or anything to do, since she and Jeno were no longer interacting, aside from, evidently, covering for one another when the other was getting hammered.

So, seeing no other option, she went around the campus to the soccer field and found that the newly updated team was practicing. She saw Yuuto and Aeri on the field and decided that it wouldn't be too weird to sit on the lowest set of bleachers and wait for the first bell to ring.

She thought it was a little odd that soccer practiced in the morning and the afternoon, but from the small number of people on the field, she guessed that the morning practice was an option. It didn't surprise her at all that both of the Uchinagas were up bright and early to practice, especially since Yuuto was Aeri's ride.

Their practice ended shortly after Jimin had sat down, and when she looked up, she saw Yuuto coming toward her. "Hey, princess," he greeted.

Jimin rolled her eyes at the name. "Hey."

"What are you doing over here?" he wondered.

"Wound up early to school, and I didn't have anywhere else to go really," she answered. "I didn't know that you guys had practice in the mornings." 

"It's not an official practice," Yuuto explained. "But some of us really want our team to get better this year, so we're trying harder than ever." 

"Maybe you'll finally get better then," Jimin teased, smiling a small smile. "Practice does make perfect."

"You must practice a lot, then," he said, smiling a flirty smile, and Jimin was immediately surprised by the flirting. She had no idea what to say in response, but then the bell saved her, and she tried not to make her sigh of relief too obvious. "I'll see you at lunch."

"Yeah, see you," she returned, and he was off running toward the locker room, where the rest of the soccer players had gone off to already. Jimin quickly headed inside and to her locker, where she was happy not to see Jeno anywhere, and then to her first period, where she saw Aeri yet again.

"Hey, Jimin!" Aeri greeted loudly when the dark-haired came in. "What were you doing at the soccer field this morning?"

"I got to school early and I didn't really have anything to do," Jimin answered, shrugging.

"Yuuto thought you came to see him," Aeri said, sounding slightly amused and slightly disturbed. Jimin raised her eyebrows at Aeri, and then at Ning, who was nodding along.

"He totally likes you," Ning said. "It's so cute!"

Aeri gave Ning a disgusted look. "No, it's weird. Jimin is way too good for Yuuto."

"I can picture it," Ning insisted, not backing down.

Jimin cleared her throat awkwardly. "I don't like Yuuto," she stated, "so it doesn't matter."