Chapter 33

A Year And A Half Ago - Summer Before Sophomore Year - August

Minjeong's phone rang from her pocket, and she smiled before even looking at the name - she was always expecting the phone call from her girlfriend anyway.

She tugged it out from the pocket and glanced briefly at the caller ID, checking that she'd assumed correctly who it was. She had, of course, and she answered it immediately. "Hey!" she said happily.

"Hey, babe," Sara's voice replied. "What are you doing?"

"I just left the store," Minjeong answered, before rolling her eyes as she added, "Handong thinks it's so funny that now that I can drive, she can just order me to run errands for her. I'm so glad she's leaving tomorrow morning to go back to her amazing college life."

"How's the traffic?" Minjeong could hear a smirk in Sara's voice, and she knew where this was going.

"Fine," Minjeong answered, getting to her sister's car and opening the driver's seat.

"No, I think it's really bad, and it's going to take you ages to get back home," Sara corrected.

Minjeong bit the inside of her lower lip. "I'll be there in ten."

"Yay!" came her girlfriend's squeal. "Can't wait!" The call ended, and Minjeong tossed the bag with her sister's stuff and her phone into the center console, before buckling herself onto the seat and closing the car door. She pulled out of its parking spot and headed to her girlfriend's house.

It was huge, even compared to her home, but Minjeong had grown used to that. Everything in it was unnecessarily big as well, though all of its inhabitants thought nothing of it. To them, big, expensive things were normal. Minjeong didn't mind, because for some reason still, Sara chose to like her.

It boggled Minjeong so much sometimes that she didn't even mind the fact that Sara hadn't yet told the copper-haired girl that she loved her, even if Minjeong had told her already. They had only been together for three months, anyway. Minjeong had somehow fallen so fast, though, and she knew that Sara had to feel similarly.

She would never doubt it.

Minjeong was used to letting herself into her girlfriend's house, because Sara never invited her over unless both of her parents were gone. This case was not any different. She let herself in and heard her girlfriend playing loud music from her room upstairs. Minjeong didn't hesitate before heading up there.

"Hey, sexy!" Sara exclaimed as soon as she saw the copper-haired girl walk through her doors. "Wanna dance with me?" She was sitting on the white desk chair, which was facing the door as if Sara had already heard Minjeong come into the house.

"I can't be here long, Sara. Handong will kill me," Minjeong insisted, though she realized that her girlfriend was wearing minimal clothing, and that was unfair.

"But baby," Sara whined, "the traffic is so bad, remember?"

"Sara," Minjeong began to argue, but then the girl stood up. She was only wearing a crop top and shorts that were so short that they should've been counted as underwear. "Yes?" Sara asked, batting her dark eyelashes. "What were you saying?"

"That's not fair," Minjeong growled, her eyes unable to leave Sara's body. Her curves were soft, her breasts medium sized, and her sandy-colored hair was as silky as ever. "What are you looking at?" Sara asked teasingly. "Actually, why are you looking, when you could be touching?"

Minjeong was across the room in an instant, her lips on Sara's and completely aware that the girl's lipstick - which she was never not wearing - was getting on her own lips. She didn't mind, of course. Her hands felt the smooth skin on the blonde's hips, and Sara pulled Minjeong against her. "You're so unfair," Minjeong murmured against the girl's lips.