Chapter 22

"Wait, how exactly did you get my number?" Jimin asked into her phone, which was currently connected to a call with Yuuto.

"Aeri," he answered, "obviously. But this isn't about you, this is about Lincoln."

"Okay, what about him?" Jimin asked, going into her bathroom and examining her hair. She'd showered earlier, so it was still a little damp. It would dry in the proper way, though. Her hair was relatively easy to get to cooperate.

She put her phone down on speaker as Yuuto spoke. "Did you talk to Aeri about her date with him last night?"

"No, but I think Minjeong did," Jimin answered. "Why?"

"She won't say a word to me about it, but she keeps acting all overly happy and shit," Yuuto stated.

Jimin rolled her eyes, taking two small bits of her hair from either side of her face and connecting them behind her head with a small rubber band. "So? Shouldn't you be happy as long as she's happy?"

"She didn't come home until like midnight! What if they like... did stuff?"

"Then she probably doesn't want you to hear about it anyway," Jimin stated. "Look, Yuuto, you're overreacting. Aeri likes Lincoln, we're all going to officially meet him in a couple of hours, and it's going to be fine. Alright?"

"Jimin, you don't have a little sister. If you did, you'd understand," Yuuto insisted.

"Maybe, but I know for a fact that you need to chill out. You can be protective, but if she's not acting distressed, you should at least relax until there's something you need to be protective of her for," Jimin insisted right back at him. She scrunched the ends of her hair a little bit and then moved on to her makeup.

"Fine. Whatever. So, Jeno isn't coming tonight, is he?" Yuuto asked.

"Nope," Jimin answered, dabbing some light foundation onto her skin. "At least, I'm pretty sure he's not. He hasn't spoken to me since yesterday, and I never gave him Minjeong's address, so."

"What about Seulgi and Joy?"

"They'll be there," Jimin answered. "And they already have the address."

"How'd you meet them anyway? You seem different than them."

Jimin grabbed her blush from her makeup back and tilted her head. "I don't know. I used to have a few classes with both of them, and Jeno and I just started sitting with them at lunch last year. I can't say we all have much in common, but they're nice."

"So they're cool with the drinking and everything?"

"Probably," Jimin answered. "I mean, I can't see them not being cool about it. Jeno, though, that probably would've been the one thing to keep him from going if he hadn't gone berserk yesterday."

"Yeah, what was up with that anyway?" Yuuto asked. "What was with that comment to Minjeong?"

Jimin felt her throat clench suddenly, but she swallowed thickly to open it back up. "I don't know. I told you, he thinks you guys are all weird."

"But that was a pretty directed statement," Yuuto argued. Now, Jimin could tell that he was definitely fishing for Jimin to admit at least Minjeong's sexuality, but she wasn't going to be the one to do that, whether or not Minjeong cared about being out of the closet, she wasn't going to put Minjeong out there and not herself.

"Yeah well, ask him about it if you really think it meant something," Jimin suggested, trying to keep her voice steady as she gently colored the area above her eyes. "How was your day with your parents, by the way?"

"Fine," Yuuto answered. "They were home for a few hours, and we all caught up for the week, and then they went out to relax. They'll be home soon and then probably sleep for a solid ten to twelve hours."