Chapter 5

Tree, OJ, Fanny, Paintbrush, and Yin-Yang all looked at each other as soon as MePhone4 had announced that they were up for elimination.

"So are we voting him? He's the reason we lost.." Paintbrush mumbled, crossing their arms.

"It's not his fault." Tree pointed out. "He can still be a great help to us, he's a good friend and a great teammate."

Tree looked over at the glare that Fanny was giving him, but didn't say anything about it.

"Hmm... If we don't vote Black Hole, then who should we vote for?" OJ questioned.

"Well, OJ, you already won a season. I don't see why you need to stick around." Paintbrush said, as Yin-Yang, Fanny, and Tree had all looked at each other, not knowing this previously.

"I can still compete again!" OJ argued back.

There was a bit of a back and forth between OJ and Paintbrush, as the other three turned to each other.

"Okay I'm gonna be honest I had no idea OJ had won a season already."

"I thought you would've known?" Tree asked. "Not that I knew either, but like... aren't you one of the returning contestants?"

Tree looked over at Fanny, who just kind of blinked back at him. (I was gonna have her shrug but like you cant really do that without arms duh)

"Don't make me look stupid."

"Should we just vote OJ like Paintbrush said?" Fanny asked as Black Hole was finally returning to the rest of the team.

"Maybe." Tree sighed, glancing at Black Hole.

"Ah, the first person voted out." MePhone4 started, standing in front of the yellow team. "A distinction that nobody wants, but debatably, all of you earned. Anyways, you've all cast your votes, and the contestant with with the most votes will be knocked out of the competition."

"I'll read the votes." MePhone4 continued, starting to display the votes on his screen. "First vote, Black Hole, OJ, Tree." MePhone4 read off the votes, displaying them as he did. "One vote OJ, one vote Black Hole, one vote Tree."

Tree looked a bit confused as to why he had gotten a vote, but he said nothing about it.

"OJ, Two votes OJ," MePhone4 continued again. "Black Hole. Two votes OJ, two votes Black Hole, one vote Tree. One vote left."

OJ looked nervous, obviously. Black Hole wasn't as easy to read, obviously.

"First contestant knocked out... OJ." MePhone4 read out the last vote, declaring that OJ would be eliminated.

"It's time for your ride home."

420 words,
December 31, 2023
(I know, this chapter is short, but I wanted to get a chapter in before the new year!! 2024 already? wow. anyways, OJ's been eliminated! have a happy new year, guys, i'll try and get chapters out more consistently and hopefully make them longer ^_^)