Chapter 10

Black Hole and Tree had wandered from the rest of their group. Tree wanted to find the rest of the pink team, and where Pillow and Teardrop might have been if he could. He didn't really trust Pillow alone on an island with a camera that she could potentially use as a weapon, and Teardrop was also a threat. Black Hole only came with to keep Tree company.

"We should have asked Yin-Yang where they saw Fan and Test Tube." Black Hole said after a bit. "The rest of their team might have been nearby."

"Wouldn't they have said if they saw any other members of the pink team though?" Tree readied his camera, thinking that he heard something. "Did you hear that?"

Black Hole paused, staying in place except for when he spoke. "No?"

"Maybe I'm just hearing things then..." Tree lowered his camera, looking away from Black Hole for a few moments before looking back. "I don't get a good feeling from this island, Black Hole."

"I'm sure it's fine." Black Hole dismissed, not wanting to admit that he also got an uneasy feeling. Maybe it was just the deaths, but something did feel wrong.

"How can you be so sure?" Tree questioned, staring dead at Black Hole with his camera now at his side.

"I don't know. Just trust me, things'll be fine. What's the worst that could happen?"

There was a silence as the two of them thought about it, and the atmosphere became thick.
"...Actually, don't answer that." Black Hole said after a long moment, starting to move again, making Tree follow to keep up. "Let's, um... Just find the other teams..."

Tree glanced up as he walked. The sky was getting darker and darker with every passing minute.
"How are we meant to do this when it gets really dark?"

"What do you mean?" Black Hole slowed a little bit. "Don't those cameras have a flash?"

"I mean, yeah, but it's not like every contestant comes equipped with night vision."

"Oh, don't worry about it," Black Hole said. "I doubt it'll get that dark, the moonlight should be enough for the challenge. I hope."

"Hm." Tree looked over as he heard talking. "Shh."

Black Hole stayed in place as Tree went over and investigated. He saw Puffball and Golf Ball talking, and he glanced back at Black Hole.

"It's Golf Ball and Puffball," Tree was whispering as if to not attract their attention. "But they're not doing anything we could use against them..."

Black Hole moved a bit. "We could just try and find something actually useful to us..."

"We probably should. I still wanna keep an eye on Pillow..."

"Mmh, and Teardrop, she'll do something stupid." Black Hole grumbled, starting to move already, making Tree have to follow after him again.

Tree walked a bit fast to keep up with Black Hole. "Do you have any idea as to where they are?"

"Unfortunately not..." Black Hole fell behind Tree a bit, slowing down a bit.

"Darn..." Tree kept walking in silence for a minute or so, before tripping over something, making him drop his camera. As he saw the flash of another camera go off.

"Watch where you're going!"

Tree quickly got up, glaring at who he had tripped over. It was Nickel.

"You're a tripping hazard." Tree said while staring at Nickel. Balloon just glanced at Black Hole, lowering his camera. He had been the one that had gotten the picture of Tree. The two watched their friends staring each other down.

"So uh, what are you guys doing?" Balloon asked Black Hole and Tree, getting Tree's glare off of Nickel.

"Well we WERE looking for Pillow and Teardrop..." Tree raid, rolling his eyes.

"You're going after our team members?" Nickel gestured to himself and Balloon. "There's another team! Go after them."

Tree stared at Nickel again for a prolonged amount of time before speaking. "No. Now if you'll excuse us..." Tree reached for his camera.

"Why were you going after our team?" Balloon asked, snatching the camera away before Tree could grab it, earning himself an annoyed glare.

"Do you REALLY trust Pillow with a camera?" Tree questioned, shrugging his shoulders.

"...Fair enough." Balloon said. "Still not giving you your camera though, sorry."

712 words
February 12, 2024
(hi im not dead i am working on this help me ik this is a bit longer than my other chapters but 1) i have to get something out and 2) i have to wrap up snapshot showdown because technically it was meant to end this chapter but due to bad planning im gonna have to extend it a lil
Btw by the time i'll be posting this, i'll be working on chapter 11 so that'll probably upload today maybe)