❁ 𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

❝ 𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮. 𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣. ❞

Her mother has always warned her that revenge was never the right thing

Her mother has always warned her that revenge was never the right thing. Of course, unless they deserved it. She stared into the open window as her mind began to wander. Wander in places she's been before, take her on journeys, and entertain her. She combs a hand through her hair, the color of an eggplant. As she twisted a strand in her fingers, distant memories of when she was seven began to resurface.

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚

"Hahaha!" The other kids laughed, pointing fingers at a girl who was occupying a swing. She rocked back and forth with her head down, her eyes blank as she let them laugh at her. Sighing, she got off the swing and decided to walk away from all the commotion- but the others hadn't had enough. They all ran up to her and surrounded her, grinning as if they'd successfully completed robbing a bank or a museum heist.

"Hey, eggplant!" One of them called out, his brown hair had sticks of mulch in his hair. The girl crossed her arms. "It's Miki! Get it right the first time!" She shouted back, annoyance soaked her words to the brim. He waved her words off with his hand and took a step forward. "Who cares? Anyways, since you want to be so smart. . ." he paused, unsure of what to say. "Then lets fight! Right here and right now!" The way he grinned showed that he was sure he was going to win. "Okay. Let's go."

Not even a second after, he lunged at her with a sloppy fist. Moving out of the way, she balled up her own hand and struck his stomach- doing the action multiple times in different placed. 'So quick?!' The boy thought as he looked at her from his spot on the floor. He had been knocked down after the second punch. "What- what are you?!" He screeched, loud enough for Miura's mother to hear. "You're a monster! No kid should be that strong!" Then, he and his friends began to hurry away. 'Loser. . .' Miki thought to herself as she watched the boy wince as they walked away quickly.

Then a second later, a blond kid showed up with stars in his eyes. "Hey hey! Could you teach me how to do that?! Like seriously?! That was soo cool!! The way you were like 'pow!' and then 'pow!' and then you hit him with the final blow like 'kaboom!'!! That was soooo cool! How come you're so strong? I mean anybody can be strong, not just because you're a girl that I doubt you- but what I'm trying to say is that you are AWESOME!!! So like is that-" he stopped rambling as he looked at the girl's face. He took a step back and muttered an apology. "I'm what?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "Huh?" He froze a bit, thinking she hadn't want to talk to him because of her surprised face.

"Awesome. . .?" He said slowly, almost like he was afraid she'd say something and then he'd go run off somewhere and cry. "Really? You think so?" His shoulders tensed as he watched her with wide eyes. "Y-yeah! Totally!" The warm smile on her face gave him a slight hope, a hope that he could make his very first friend. "Thanks!" She giggled a bit and that made him smile, he then got just a bit closer. He balled his hands into fists and had them dangle by his side. "You're welcome! Say- uh . . wanna go get ramen. . . with me?" He sort of squeaked it out, a massive blush on his face. He'd never really asked someone to go get ramen with him, mostly because the people in this village completely despise him.

The girl nodded her head and held her hand out. "I don't mind, I'll have to ask my mom though. And I. Might have to bring my little brother too. My name is Miki, what's yours?"

"Its Naruto Uzumaki!" That day was officially the best day for both of them.

Making a friend in a place where you're both disliked for something that isn't your fault.

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚

"Miki!" The girls head snapped to the left. She sheepishly rubbed her neck as her mother sighed. "Have you been listening?" Miki shook her head 'no'. Her mother groans and snaps her fingers, "Well then its time to head to bed! Your brother is already long gone!" A small smile plays on her lips as she admires her mother, her long jet black colored hair to her violet eyes and her fair skin. To say she looked similar to her mother was an understatement. They look exactly alike. Twins as some would say.

"I'll be fine. Just a couple of more minutes mama, then I'll head to bed." She smiled even more fondly at the reaction of her mother, who groaned before placing her hands on her hips. "Tomorrow you're going to the Academy, it's best you get rest now!" Miki simply nodded before turning her head back out the window. "Amai. . ." Yuuki steps forward, placing a hand on her daughters shoulder.

"What's the matter?" Miki stared blankly into the eyes of her mother. "Nothing, just a little nervous, I'll head to bed." She stood from the window seat, smiling at her mother and saying good night. She changed into a sweatshirt and shorts before lying down on her bed.

'Tomorrow is the start of something I've never done before. I could die, be immobile forever, or I could just be smart, rational, and safe. Okay. . . Konoha Academy. . . I shouldn't be nervous, I shouldn't be scared, I should be proud.' She closed her eyes with a small smile on her face. Her dream is just about to come true.

┊┊┊┊ ➶ ❁۪ 。˚

*Miki : the name of our protagonist

*Naruto : Masashi Kishimoto's shounen jump novel's protagonist; the protagonist in the anime 'Naruto'

*Amai : 'Sweetie' in the Japanese language.