❁ 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑬𝒙𝒂𝒎 𝟏

|| TWO YEAR TIME SKIP ||

Today is the day. The day where our teams are picked. I'm sure that I'll get a decent team, but that's not my focus at the moment. Earlier, Hamaguchi-sensei told us that we had to do some sort of training then do some sort of test then be put in some sort of teams.

We've already done the whole practice test, now we're doing the genin test. I'm like the thirteenth person to be called and they've just called Satomi, so I've got a longgggg time. Some random blond kids come out and looks around. "Oh, Tamami-chan! You're next!"

Tamami Beppu, she's pretty popular. Black hair, watchet blue eyes and pale skin. She's usually around her friends and has a pretty rude and uptight personality, only kind to her friends. "Ah! Thank you, Mina-chan!" She calls out. So that's her friend.

Literally seconds later, Satomi walks into the room with a blue headband around her neck. She jumps in joy and runs to me. "Miki!!!!!" She squeals and slams her hands on the desk next to me, waking up the brown haired kid next to me. "Miki! I passed!!!" The boy looks up slightly and she tenses up. "I-Ichihara-san!" She calls, stammering. She places her hands behind her back and takes steps over to my side, by the walkway.

He glares at her and scoffs. "You're loud y'know?" She visibly shakes and apologizes. I glance at him and immediately take notice of his eyes. Varidian green. I've never seen the color literally but this boy has it in his eyes. He leaned back and crossed his arms, A frown on his face. Wanna know something?

Yes? Good. So apparently, during this whole time, kids have been going in and out. Funny, right? It's been like three minutes and I've been called. . . my last name starts with 'C' (half of pur classes' last names start with A). Yeah. I groan, having to get up from my seat.

Satomi cheers and wishes me good luck and Ichihara just scoffs muttering something. I exit the room and walk further down the hall, towards class eight. I enter the room and there's two dudes sitting there.

"Hello there. You must be Miki Chuue, yes?" I nod. He smiles widely and nudges the man next to him. "I am Iruka Umino and this is Mizuki-san." He gestures towards the white haired man next to him. I step into the room and stop walking in the center, fiddling with my green bracelet.

"Great, now let's begin. Can you produce two perfect clones?" I nod and bring my hands up to preform the sign. 'Tiger - boar - ox - dog! Clone jutsu- art of the body splitting!' I channel my chakra and produce two perfect clones.

"Good, you pass! Here's your head band!" He plucked one from the box of many and handed it to me once I was in reach. They congratulated me again and asked me to call over another classmate.

As I was walking - very slowly - through the halls, I stared down at the headband. 'Step one is complete. Become a genin.' I gripped the metal part of the headband and looked up, sliding the door to my class open. Stepping inside, all eyes were on me. Multiple people ran up to me to congratulate me and patted my back. I gave them an awkward smile and a 'thank you' as I moved towards my own desk.

Sliding into the wooden seat, I sighed. "Wahh! Miki, you passed?!!" Satomi squealed as she again, slammed her hands on the desk with excitement. "Who cares?" The brown haired boy said, peaking up from his arms with a glare. "Stop slamming your hands on the desk it's annoying." I frowned. 'Who cares? Well, excuse me, no-one cares about you or your sleep!' I turn to him and scowl.

"I care." I cross my arms and lean back in my chair while he rolls his eyes. "Eh. .. M-Miki!" She stuttered and sighed, and I began fiddling with my bracket again.

"A-anyways! Who do you think will be on your team?! I hope I get you, Miki!!" She sat on the chair in the row below us, her back turned to the chalkboard. "I guess. . . you. I don't really know anyone else here." Her eyes sparkled and she giggled. We chatted a bit before the bell rang, and tons of kids sped home.

As I got up from my seat, I realized that most of the kids were already gone. 'That quick. . .' I thought to myself, picking up my school bag. I swung it around my shoulders and turned towards the door only for a mop of brown hair that caught my attention. 'He's still here? I thought he'd be the first out the door. . .' I sighed man I just had to be a nice person, huh?

I nudge his shoulder. "Hey. .   wake up." He doesn't move. I shove him a bit harder. "Wake. Up." He doesn't move. I'm going to try one last time, and if he doesn't wake up, oh well. I shove him really hard. "Wake up!" Now he stirs. He lifts his head up with a groan. "What?" He mumbles, sitting back in his chair. "The bell rang. Go home." I turn around, walking down the steps.

"Why?" He calls out and I turn around quickly and just stare at him blankly. "Did you seriously just ask me 'why'?" I look at him weirdly and take a few steps and hear shuffling behind me before the dude is right by my side.

"Thanks. . . I guess." He mutters, stuffing his hands into his pant pockets. We exit the classroom, then the hall and now we're outside. I look around, trying to spot my brother or mom but I can't find them.

I turn my head the other direction, looking around until I spot my mother and little brother, along with Naruto, beside a large tree. "Ahh! Mama! Akino!!" I sprint towards them, leaving the kid behind me.

While running towards them, I dodge other families until I reach them. I pull out my headband from my pocket and eagerly show it to them. "Look! I passed!" Mama squeals and hugs me while I laugh. Akino has stars in his eyes as he jumps up and down. "Can I see?! Can I see?!" I nod and hand the headband to him as soon as mama let me go.

I look at him in amusement as he fiddles with it. I then turned to Naruto and realize that he's sulking. "Naruto. . .?" He looks up and smiles weakly, and sadly, at me and then gives me a weak laugh. "Y-yeah, congrats!" He doesn't seem very happy so I tilt my head. "Where's your headband?" He frowns and looks away.

He didn't pass. Oh. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He waves me off. "It's fine, I'm glad you passed. You deserve it!" I can tell he's on the brink of bursting into tears. I look down at my headband in Akino's graso. I ask him to hand it back and he does. I hold it out to Naruto, although his head is turned the other direction. "Here, you can have mine." His head whips around and he looks at me with wide eyes. "M-Miki-vhan you can't do that! You earned that headband!" I shake my head. "That's fine, I can just pass next year."

He looks down st my head and pushes it away. "Nu-uh! I won't take it!" He gets up from the swing just as another person shows up. "M-Mizuki-sensei!" The man places his hand on his hips, smiling down at the blond weirdly. "Hello there Naruto. I have a little quest for you, okay? Follow me." Naruto nods and then he hugs all us before leaving with the white haired man.

"Is nii-chan going to be okay?" Akino asked, looking up at me. "He should be. Mizuki-sensei works at the academy, I'm sure he's trustworthy. . . but at the same time, I don't trust him." Mama nods her head. "Same here. He seems sketchy, but I'm sure if anything were to happen, Naruto can handle it on his own. . ." she turns to the both of us, pressing her hands together and giving us a hopeful enthusiastic smile.

"Let's go celebrate you passing, Amai!" Akino jumps in joy before clinging onto my side. "Let's go, nee-chan!" I nod, turning my head slightly to look whoever's eyes have been watching me this whole time. His eyes go wide and he takes a step back before he looks away, walking out of the gates.

"Yeah, let's go."