𝖒𝖎𝖙

𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖆 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌, 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖜𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖞𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘

𝖎𝖙 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖈𝖍𝖗𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖒𝖆𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖜 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖘𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖘 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖚𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖆 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖓𝖊𝖜 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖘 𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖓𝖌, 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖜𝖊 𝖓𝖊𝖊𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖞𝖒𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖉𝖉𝖊𝖉 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘.in attempts to get their minds off the super hero stuff peter and juno had decided to double down on their college applications. juno had a list of her top five colleges stamped on her wall and at the very top of the list was MIT in big bold letters and about a million exclamation points. i helped her send in that application along with her four others to new york university, harvard, empire state university, and oxford. she planned to attended MIT with peter, ned, and mj which i had to admit did sound like the perfect college experience. NYU and ESU she said were just her backups just in case since they would still be in new york. harvard and oxford was just for shits and giggles apparently even though i'm sure they would take her since she is top of her class with peter about a point behind her.

may and i were trying to ease the kids nerves about the responses when the first letters came back rejecting them but not giving a reason as to why. we weren't dumb, we knew exactly why with their names still being a popular topic on the news at least 5 times a day. it got harder to try to ease their nerves after every college except MIT had come back negative. juno had made me promise while she was at school i would be checking the mail like a hawk for her letter, so about every hour i would stomp down the stairs to the mail boxes and check the often empty box. bucky who was still hanging around out of pure boredom would role his eyes every time i left the second the time changed a hour.

until it finally came one saturday, juno was lounged up in her room blaring music as usual and right on the dot i went down stairs just to see if the damn letter had decided to pop in already. under a large stack of junk mail was the god forsaken envelope that was surely about to be ripped to shreds. in a flash i bolted back upstairs almost beating the apartment door down flailing the letter above my head. "IT'S HERE J!" i yelled into the apartment and within the blink of an eye she teleported in front of me with a wide grin on her face. she snatched it from my hand almost buzzing as she ran to grab her jacket from the coat rack. "mj said her dad just dropped hers off to her at work so i knew it had to come in today!" she could hardly stand still out of excitement as she talked. "is that where your going?" i asked leaning against the couch bucky was sat on. she nodded as she bent down to tie her shoes with the envelope stuck between her lips. "mhm we gotta open them together ya know," she grinned giving me and quick hug and kiss on the cheek," ok i'll be back in a little while love you mom, bye uncle buck!" 

the door swung shut behind her and i flopped back sinking into the couch cushions. "well that was something," i huffed rubbing my eyes with my palms, "she'll get in." i grumbled under my breath trying to convince myself the other schools were just crazy for not accepting the smartest kids i'd ever met. bucky patted my head making me drop my hands, "she'll get in," he reassured, " now ease up until she comes back bouncing off the walls." i chuckled lightly looking upside down from where i was laying on the couch to the tv he had been watching. "how did i not know they were putting the shield on the statue of liberty?" i mumbled at the news headline rotating on the bottom of the screen. "because you only watch one news report." he said blankly looking down at me jokingly out of the corner of his eye.

"oh hush it old man."

*:・゚✧*:・゚

i hadn't realized my eyes had slipped shut until the door slammed shut. i rolled of the couch clumsily hitting the floor before jolting up to my feet in a daze. "what happened?" bucky groaned rubbing his eyes harshly with his metal hand. juno stood in the doorway roughly snatching the sleeves of the jacket off before throwing it on the empty hanger. "juno? hey what happened?" her head was hung and her shoulders shook slightly as she made a beeline to her room with me on her heels. she shut the door quickly behind her leaving me in the hallway. i looked back at bucky who looked confused in the living room as i pressed my ear to the door. i could hear the muffled crying from behind the wood and without even thinking twice my powers opened the door allowing me to step in. she was huddled under the maroon comforter on her bed the only part of her i could see was the tips of her curly hair peeking out. i slipped onto the bed on the small bit of space she wasn't occupying and rubbed her back gently. "we didn't get in...n-none of us..." her voice was muffled under the covers but it shook with her tears. my heart hurt with every sniffle she let out. "well they're dumb as hell." i said simply. i felt her shift under my hand turning toward me after a moment. "MIT i-is dumb?" she asked wearily waiting for me to respond. "yep. i don't care about the news or what people on the street say, that school is stupid as hell for rejecting the smartest kid i've ever met." i lifted up the blanket slightly for her as she scooted up and peeked out at me. i wiped the remaining tears from her face before continuing, " i mean come on you said it yourself when we were talking to scott a while back that you studied quantum physics just for fun!" she laughed lightly at that as i wrapped my arms around her and she curled into my side. "i'm sorry you guys didn't get in i know how important it is to y'all," i sighed resting my head on hers," you and peter just need to get all of this behind you is all."

"it's not fair...yeah me and peter not getting in because of this whole mess makes sense but mj and ned didn't do anything wrong." she huffed roughly into my shoulder. i nodded along with her words, i know the media associates them together because they see it as them helping criminals. "we'll figure it all out in due time, i promise." she nodded wrapping her arms around my torso squeezing me lightly. "sorry about waking you up, you looked pretty comfy." she laughed a little at her own words. i shrugged back at her, " it's fine bucky's just a good heater," she giggled again at that," besides i've always gotta make sure my favorite troublemaker is ok." i could almost feel her roll her eyes at the comment, "oh yeah like you can talk."

a knock on the doorframe made my head shoot up to find bucky peering in. "everyone alright in here?" he asked looking down at juno in her little bundle of blankets. she nodded up to him giving a weak smile as she sat up a little. i noticed his drawn brows as he nodded curtly back, "why is everything ok?" he pointed back to the living room with his thumb, "i'm not a expert on your whole magic stuff," he gestured between juno and i with one hand, "but uh...this just fell through a portal." he handed me a small scroll that he had behind his back before leaning back on the doorframe. i noticed the new york sanctum's familiar symbol printed on the front immediately making my spiked nerves ease slightly but i was still confused. it was rare for stephen or wong to reach out to me anymore and after what i had found out from wanda i was grateful in a way. i unrolled it quickly holding it so juno and i could both read it.

___________________________________

SANCTUM. NOW.

___________________________________