Mysterious Lotus Casebook: Another Chance In Life PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

LOOKING OVER AT THE VAST SEA, Li Lianhua calmly accepted his fate. He was doomed to die. After all, there's no cure to Bicha Poison. For many years, he tried to stop the poison from spreading further to his heart using Yangzhouman to prolong his life. He wanted to live life peacefully, away from the hustle and bustle of the martial arts world, and eventually die peacefully without others knowing of his existence. However, meeting Fang Doubing took his life an unexpected turn. So many things had happened ever since. He knew that Di Feishang survived despite the great battle between them at the East Sea. When he looked back at it, it was funny-they finally became friends after ten years. And the matter of Shan Gudao was finally resolved.

Although the truth that came with investigating Shan Gudao's death and the fall of Sigu Sect(and other matters regarding that) gave him mixed emotions, he finally understood his late Senior's feelings. Along with it was the truth about who he really was.

It was really a roller coaster kind of life, but Li Lianhua was glad that he knew all of it, and got to experience it. But it would end today. His body, unfortunately, couldn't withstand another attack of the Bicha Poison. He could feel it slowly coming to him as he stood there. He was quite saddened that he wouldn't even witness Fang Doubing's success in the martial arts world. 'Or even his marriage with the princess', Li Lianhua thought with a slight smile.

He thought of Di Feishang and almost shook his head. 'He would never forgive me for not showing up,' he thought. His eyes became blurry as the poison was triggered again. He spat out blood and staggered a bit. He started shaking, his breath came out as rasps. 'This is it,' Li Lianhua thought with a pained smile. 'I guess this is finally goodbye...'

Despite his blurry vision, he looked at the vast sea one last time before closing his eyes...