Mysterious Lotus Casebook: Another Chance In Life: 4

Author's Note: Hello, Li Lianhua's fans 😊. I'm sorry for the long wait. Anyway, I'll introduce the girl in this chapter since I didn't introduce her in the past few chapters. So I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. And please let me know if there's any error. It'll be a great help to improve my writing.

CHAPTER FOUR

THE FIRST THING SHE NOTICED UPON WAKING UP WAS THE ROOF. Her brows furrowed when she saw the roof that was completely different from her home-or should she call that a place of abusers?

She blinked then glanced around. 'What a strange place I'm in,' she thought as she slowly sat up. She felt as though her body weighed a ton; she felt so tired after doing something as simple as sitting up. 'This place... It's like I'm in a chinese drama or something.'

She looked around her and got so confused. "Why do I feel like I've seen this place before?" she asked quietly. She looked down at herself and realized she's wearing someone else's clothes. "What happened to me?"

She looked around again and listened to anyone outside. When she didn't hear anything, she slowly stood up. The clothes she's wearing were a bit bigger to her so she looked down at herself once more. Then stared.

'...Why do I look like a kid again?!' she thought, pulling back the sleeves of her clothes. She stared at her hands in utter surprise. 'Why am I like this?!'

She looked up and decided to look around. 'Maybe this is a dream... Just a dream...'

She opened the door and gasped. 'This place... It's so familiar to me...' She looked left and right before walking out of the room, looking at the fascinating view around her. 'I've seen this place before... But where?'

As she walked, she didn't notice someone following her, suspicious of her. When she got to the empty pavilion, she stared at it in disbelief. 'No way... This place is-'

The sound of a sword unsheathing snap her out. She gasped, almost jumped out of her skin when she felt the touch of a cold and sharp object on her neck. "What-?"

"Who are you?" asked a male's voice.

She raised her hands in surrender and said, "My name's Sù Jiàn."

"What is it that you want from us?" he asked, still had his sword at her neck.

Sù Jiàn frowned at his question. "What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb with me," he said. "Do you belong to any sect?"

She gasped in pain when she felt the sword grazed her neck. "I don't know what you're talking about! Please don't kill me! I really don't know what you're talking about!"

Instead of replying, someone else called someone's name. "Li Xiangyi!"

'Xiangyi? Wait, is that the role that Cheng Yi had at Mysterious Lotus Casebook drama?' Sù Jiàn asked, looking over her right shoulder. Her eyes widened when she saw the person holding the sword at her neck. "Cheng Yi..?"

From what she knew, Cheng Yi IS a 33-year-old man, NOT a kid. But why does he look like a kid? 'But wait a minute, what did the other say his name was...?'

Her question was answered automatically. "Li Xiangyi! Put that sword down," a woman's voice ordered.

Cheng Yi-no- Li Xiangyi frowned before pulling back and sheathing his sword. Sù Jiàn turned around and stepped back, a hand on her neck. She pulled back her hand and saw blood on her fingertips. She looked up when she heard him huff and saw him crossed his arms while looking at her with suspicion. She couldn't help but feel afraid.

"Forgive him, young miss," said the woman and she looked at her. It was Madam Qin, though a bit younger than what she saw at the drama. Madam Qin gave her a kind smile.

She liked to return the smile, but it turns out crooked or like a grimace. "I-It's alright," she said quietly, nodding slightly at her.

Li Xiangyi disagreed. "No, it's not alright," he said and they looked at him. "What if she's a spy, Madam?"

Madam Qin sighed at her husband's disciple. "Xiangyi. Take her back to the room," she said.

Xiangyi looked at her bewildered. "I will not," he said.

Madam Qin gave him a look. "Just do it," she said. "I'll go and get some food for her." With that, she left them.

Xiangyi took a deep breath before letting it out in a sigh. He looked at her and she took a step back. He sighed once again before walking back to the room. She followed him but maintained a safe distance from him in case he would go and attack her.

When they arrived, Xiangyi was about to leave without saying anything but stopped when she spoke.

"I'm not a spy, you know," she said, looking down when he looked at her.

"How do I know that? Madam seems to care for you," he said, crossing his arms.

She looked up at him and said, "It's true. I'm not a spy. I don't even know what I was doing here or how did I get here in the first place. I don't know how'd I ended up in this place."

He nodded, smiling. "I find that hard to believe, Miss Sù Jiàn," he said, approaching her. She took a step back and another and another until her back hit the door. He slowly moved his face closer to her and her eyes widened. "Because when you saw me earlier, it was like you knew me. Am I right, Miss Sù Jiàn?"

~~~~~

Author's Note: Sorry about my lack of details of Mushan's place. I'm trying to find pics of it so that I can describe it to you thru this story, but I know you guys seen it. 😅 Anyway, that's all for today and I hope you guys are having a great and blessed day today, wherever you are. So see yah on my next update, Li Lianhua's fans 😊 Take care!