Mysterious Lotus Casebook: Another Chance in Life: 5

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! 😊 How are you doing? I hope you're all doing fine. Anyway, here's chapter five. I hope you'll enjoy this. Please let me know if there's any error so that I can fix it when I have time.

~~~~~

She looked up at him and said, "It's true. I'm not a spy. I don't even know what I was doing here or how did I get here in the first place. I don't know how'd I ended up in this place."

He nodded, smiling. "I find that hard to believe, Miss Sù Jiàn," he said, approaching her. She took a step back and another and another until her back hit the door. He slowly moved his face closer to her and her eyes widened. "Because when you saw me earlier, it was like you knew me. Am I right, Miss Sù Jiàn?"

~~~~~

CHAPTER FIVE

SÙ JIÀN STARED AT HIM NERVOUSLY. "W-What are you talking about?"

In all honesty, she was confused. She didn't know what happened that got her into this situation. All she knew was that she was supposed to be dead. After all, they stabbed her and left her to die, right?

Also, this place and everything that happened here wasn't supposed to exist. It's all a story as far as everyone knew. Yet here she was, standing in front of the main character, holding her breath and ready to faint any moment because he's too close.

"You're still lying," Li Xiangyi said, pulling back and thought for a moment.

Sù Jiàn's eyebrow twitched. 'This cunning old fox! I know you're smart and all, but please leave me alone!' she thought.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Alright. If you're not going to tell me..." Sù Jiàn let out a breath. "But don't think that I'll let this go, Miss Sù Jiàn."

With one last look, he walked away. She stared at his back until he was out of her sight. Then she sighed in relief, putting a hand to her chest. "What's wrong with that guy?" she asked quietly.

'I have to get away from this place.'

LATER THAT DAY, SÙ JIÀN FOUND HERSELF IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS. Her shoulders slumped in dismay. Her operation GET OUT OF HERE failed. She was obviously lost.

"Stupid me,"she grumbled, kicking a pebble. She stomped her foot and screamed in exasperation. "Why, of all places, is this place?! Can't you give me a break?!"

Yes, she really wanted to get out of Mushan's place; more like, this world. She didn't belong there— she's an outsider. A real outsider because she's from the real world. The question was how...

Sù Jiàn sighed. It was also to stay away from that kid, Li Xiangyi. If he knew that she was from another world where this world he lived in was just a story, what would he do? 'Definitely kill me,' she thought, looking up at the tall trees and the fading sunset.

"I didn't realize that I've been walking for so long that the sun is setting," she said quietly. It was getting darker and the woods seemed so eerie. She shivered. "I really have to get out of here..."

"And where are you going when you're out of here?"

Sù Jiàn screamed in surprise, turning around to face the owner of the voice who spoke. Her eyes were wide and her mouth was hanging open, but immediately her expression changed the moment she saw Li Xiangyi trying to stiffle his laugh. She stared at him blankly.

Li Xiangyi cleared his throat before saying, "You didn't answer my question, Miss Sù Jiàn."

She kept on looking at him blankly and said, "Were you following me?"