Mysterious Lotus Casebook: Another Chance In Life: 2

Author's Note: Hello, everyone! I'm very sorry for the long wait. I've been busy with work, and other matters in life, hehe. So, here's chapter two. Please enjoy!

CHAPTER TWO

"MADAM! HELP!" LI XIANGYI CALLED THE MOMENT HE ARRIVED. He slowed down when he saw Madam Qin walked out.

"What happened?" asked Madam Qin. She approached him and saw the girl's condition. She quickly gestured for him to go inside one of the rooms. "Who's she?"

Xiangyi slowly put the unconscious girl on the bed. He shook his head and answered, "I don't know. I saw her by the river unconscious and bleeding. She needs medical attention so I took her here."

Madam looked at the wound before turning to look at Xiangyi. "Prepare some hot water, Xiangyi. Quickly."

Xiangyi nodded before walking out of the room. He went to the kitchen to do just that. 'I can help her but I'm afraid that Master and Madam-and even Senior-would find out the truth. All I can hope is that she'll survive. There are a few things that I would like to ask her, especially the matter as to how she got here...'

When Xiangyi arrived back at the room with the hot water and a few towels and bandages for the wound, Madam had just finished healing her. The girl's clothes had changed. She was still pale but instead of a pained grimace, she slept peacefully. He put the tray of hot water on the table as Madam sighed in relief.

"It's a good thing you brought her here on time," Madam Qin said as she stood. "She was poisoned." Then she looked at Xiangyi and asked, "What happened, Xiangyi? How'd you find her?"

"I was practicing by the river, and saw her like that," Xiangyi answered. Then he frowned. "I don't know how she got there in the first place, Madam. But I thought it's just an ordinary wound; nothing serious."

Madam gestured for the both of them to leave. As Xiangyi followed her out, she said, "It was strange, really. I've never known such poison before. I took a test to her blood and saw that she has poison in it. It was lethal and yet, it works slowly and making its way to her heart. Something must've triggered it." She closed the door behind her before walking away, saying she'll check up on her later.

'Bicha Poison?' Xiangyi thought, looking back at the closed door with suspicion. 'No. Madam would've known it. But what type of poison is it, that not even Madam Qin could identify it? What about her whole existence? Who really is she?'

LATER THAT NIGHT, BACK IN THE GIRL'S ROOM, SHE WAS DREAMING OF SOMETHING TERRIBLE. She whimpered in fear as she clutched the sheets tight until her hand turned white. Beads of cold sweat appeared on her forehead, her brows furrowing as tears began to fall from her closed eyes. Suddenly, her eyes snapped open as she sat up, mouth wide open in a silent scream. She looked so terrified that she didn't even noticed her new surroundings-so different from where she came from. She hugged her knees as she cried, her face buried in between them.

'Why? What did I ever do to make him so mad at me like that?', she thought as she cried.

A little while later, Madam Qin went to the girl's room to check up on her. As she walked in, she saw the girl already up and crying. "Oh, little girl. You're finally awake," she said. "What has happened? Are you feeling alright? Where does it hurt?" She quickly rushed to the girl's side and tried to touch her hand.

The girl gasped in surprise and backed away from her screaming, "No! Don't touch me! Don't come any closer!"

Madam Qin stopped, then raised her hand to calm the girl down. At that moment, there were sounds of footsteps rushing in. There stood Li Xiangyi, Shan Gudao and Master Mushan. They watched as Madam Qin tried to reassure the girl who's in a panic.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Little girl. I'm here to help you," Madam Qin reassured the girl.

The girl shook her head. "No, you're all trying to hurt me. You're going to hurt me," whimpered the girl as tears fell from her eyes.

"No, we're not-"Madam Qin tried to reason with her once again but stopped when suddenly, the girl spat out mouthful of blood. She started shaking and coughing.

Li Xiangyi gasped in horror as flashes of his episodes with the Bicha Poison flashed before his eyes and it was like he was experiencing it again. Before Madam could react, he was by the girl's side and pressed a pressure point on her neck. He was starting to transfer a bit of his Yangzhouman to her when Madam Qin and Master Mushan snapped out of their dazed state. Quickly, Master Mushan interferred and Madam Qin took over for him.

Xiangyi exclaimed in pain when Master Mushan slapped him in the head. He was rubbing his head to ease the pain as his Master scolded him, "Are you crazy? You have not fully mastered the Yangzhouman, and you tried to heal her? Are you out of your mind? You'd die!"

"B-But-"

Madam Qin spoke, "No, Xiangyi. Your master is right. You shouldn't have done that. You have no experience to this kind of situation, so let me handle this. You're still learning, Xiangyi. Focus on your training."

Li Xiangyi wanted to reason with them again but a grip to his shoulder stopped him. He looked over his shoulder and Shan Gudao shook his head. He looked away with a frown.

Shan Gudao let go of Xiangyi's shoulder and asked, "Is there anything we can do to help, Madam?"

Madam Qin nodded. "Go and get me some fresh linens for the bed. Also, prepare some hot water, and fresh clothes for her. Bring them to me once you're done," she ordered, glancing at her husband.

Master Mushan nodded. He gestured the two to get out. "Go, do what Madam says. And hurry."

Shan Gudao bowed and was about to leave when he noticed Xiangyi didn't even follow him. He grabbed Xiangyi's arm and pulled him out. "Let's go, Xiangyi."

Li Xiangyi snapped out of his reverie before nodding his head. He followed Shan Gudao out of the room with a small frown on his face. He was confused. 'Why did I do that? I almost blow my cover because of it...'

~~~

Edited: 1-23-24