2

"Take the weretiger alive?" Repeated Atsushi, with confusion, "What are you after?"

"My target has always been you and only you, weretiger." Akutagawa replied, he was unfazed by the fact that he and his colleague were the ones who severely injured the Tanizaki Siblings "Your fellow agents here lying just happen to get caught in the crossfire."

Atsushi let out a gasp of horror "They're here because of me..?"

"Indeed." The man confirmed "That is your karma, weretiger. You will cause ill will for everyone around you, just by being alive."

Atsushi's eyes widened further as a sense of dread struck him when he put all the pieces together, "My karma?"

Back to the present, the unconscious detectives were brought back to the Agency after their unfortunate encounter with Port Mafia's dog. Voyager and Kunikida stayed in Atsushi's room after he received treatment from Yosano. Voyager stood at the foot of Atsushi's bed, playing what she would call *A soothing piece*, getting your leg cut off and witnessing all that must have affected him. On the other hand, the spectacled man sat next to Atsushi's bed, reading the contents of his notebook. Voyager wanted to show him that his book was upside down but decided against it, she wanted to lift the mood first.

Kunikida's focus soon went to the female playing the violin, "What should we do, Voyager-san? The Port Mafia will do whatever it takes to get what they want." He asked, making the female stop and stare at the male, "We.. try our best.." Was all she was able to say, as she went back to playing the violin.

"I guess." He replied, as he closed his notebook and placed his glasses on his head.

Suddenly a gasp was heard from the now conscious boy, making Voyager stop playing her violin as turn her gaze to Atsushi, who clearly had a bad dream, an unpleasant memory of the encounter with Akutagawa before the mafioso launched an attack. "Where am I?" He muttered, his eyes wide as he stared up at the ceiling

The sound of a violin made him sit up. Upon sitting up, Atsushi saw that Voyager was playing the violin and that Kunikida was sitting beside him. Voyager playing the violin was to tell him that she was happy he woke up, as it came to a stop.

But the boy was still overwhelmed by what happened, 'i.. was attacked by the Mafia..' He thought as his mind kept replaying the incident. Then a thought struck him, his colleagues were the first to be attacked! "Kunikida-san! Voyager-san! How are Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san?"

"Don't worry, both of them are safe." Kunikida reassured, as the female nodded along his words

"Really..?" The boy said in a shaky voice, still worried.

"Yeah, Tanizaki is being treated right now next door by, Yosano-sensei." Kunikida said, as a bloodcurdling scream came from next door by Tanizaki, followed by a satisfactory moan.

Atsushi stared ahead as bead of sweat dripped down the back of his head, "Is this treatment?" He hesitantly questioned

But Kunikida had other things to worry about. "I heard, brat. You have a seven billion yen bounty on your head on the black market. Seven billion, huh? You moved up. No wonder the Port Mafia is after you."

Atsushi looked even more confused and shocked "Seven billion?" He repeated, as he recalled what Akutagawa said back at the alley, "So that's how it is?" But his tone was immediately replaced by a panic one, "What should I do? The Mafia might try to raid the Agency! But why me?"

"Don't panic." Kunikida said, "Port Mafia is certainly violent to the extreme, but keep your cool. Loosing you cool is even the downfall of expert. My mentor taught me that."