3

"She was found floating in the river this morning." The policeman near them explained

"She was shot three times in the chest." Minuora added "We don't know when or where it happened. We haven't found the bullets."

"Any known motives?" Ranpo asked

"We don't know." Minuora answered "As far as anyone in the office knows, she wasn't in a relationship either."

"So that means you don't know anything, right?" Ranpo said smugly as he put his hat back on.

This did not sit well with Minuora, as he furrowed his eyebrows slightly before getting up. "All the more reason for us to not let an amatuer to handle this."

But everyone's attention soon was brought to one of the criminalists who shouted in an alarming way "There's something caught in the net!"

"What's that?" Atsushi asked, as they watch the criminalists stand at where the crane was stationed at

"We strung a net across the river to get evidence." The policeman replied

"It's a man!" Another criminalists shouted, who was just uneasy as everyone else. "A man is caught!"

"What?" Minuora gasped

"Could there be a second victim?" Atsushi asked in a panicked manner

While everyone went over for a closer look, Voyager had a hunch of who they manage to pull in.

Her hunch was right, because they walked over to only see a familiar upside down alive man who was, Dazai who was stuck on the net. "Hey, Atsushi-kun." He greeted with a wave. "What a coincidence."

"Another drowning attempt?" Asked Atsushi with a deadpanned expression and one eyebrow lifted.

"What?" Dazai sighed, treating his current situation like it was an everyday occurrence. "Committing suicide alone? That's so yesterday, Atsushi! I have realised that if I am to die, I should die with a beautiful lady!" He said, turning around in the net, swooning. "Ah~ Double Suicide. What a sweet ring it has! In comparison, it feels to lonely to say farewell to this world by myself." He turned back to a shocked Atsushi and continued, "So, I'm currently looking for a beautiful woman to die with me."

"In that case, how did you end up here?" He asked

Dazai let out a huff, "I was simply drifting in the river." Was his reply, which made Voyager actually picture him drifting in the river.

With more drips of sweat, Atsushi said "I see."

******

"But I have yet to actually accept the case" Ranpo answered

It seem to have caught Dazai's attention as he turned to face him "What? Why?"

Ranpo pointed at Minuora and said, "Ask this man."

"We don't need detectives." Minuora stressed "In fact, my subordinates are far more superior to private detectives."

"Oh?" Out of nowhere, Ranpo pointed at the other policeman and said, "You. What's your name?"

"What?" He said, confused but quickly gave a salute and stated, "I am Officer Sugimoto. The victim, Miss Yamagiwa, was my senior colleague!"

With a wide grin, Ranpo placed his hand on the officers shoulder and said, "Alright, Sugimoto-kun! Solve this case in 60 seconds, starting now! V-chan, start the timer!"

The said female nodded, pulling out a stopwatch, while the officer shouted in surprise.

"I can solve it under a minute." Ranpo bragged, "If your as good as he claims, you can do it too. Well then Sugimoto-kun, give it a try!"