𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 - 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑.

——

The sun had started to set and it was now golden hour. Caius had sent Felix and Demetri out to look for Alora but he was rather inpatient.

So he threw on a cloak, pulling up his hood to cover his face and exited the castle. He could smell her which mean't that she wasn't very far. She smelled like candy apples and cinnamon. Like an autumn simmer pot.
He noticed that there weren't many humans out today. Most likely because of the large amount of mosquitoes flying around due to the heat. But nonetheless, he was still careful as he didn't want to be seen by anyone.

Caius squints, seeing her beautiful brown hair as she crouches down next to a random man, a basket in her hand.
Slowly, he approaches, concealing himself behind a wall as he listens.
"Here. I know it's not much but—" The man grabs her hand, offering her the ghost of a smile.
"Thank you, truly. Earth was blessed with someone like you." That sentence causes Alora to smile softly as she stands up and starts to walk through an alley to get back to the castle, empty basket in hand.

As she's alone in the dark alley a voice echoes, the sun now having set.
"It's not wise to venture alone." Alora blinks, spinning around and making eye contact with Caius whose expression was blank.
"Oh. I was just giving away the extra food that the chef had prepared." She says sheepishly, suddenly intimidated by his gaze.
"Why would you do that? It was for you." He states, an edge to his voice. He couldn't believe she was feeding those imbeciles with her extra food. It was hers, not theirs.

"Because Caius, although you may not see it there are many who need it more than I. I don't need an entire buffet that I won't finish. It's a waste and I don't want these people to starve. Don't be so heartless." It was almost as if she forgot who she was speaking to. Caius. The heartless, cold king. Her words cause Caius to smirk, clicking his tongue against the roof of his mouth as he nears her.

"I am heartless, Cara Mio. You'll see eventually. But now, we must head back." She sighs, nodding her head and following the alley towards the castles back entrance. She hums a little tune as she walks, once Caius was unfamiliar with.
He listens intently, liking the way the tune sounds.
"What is that?" Alora ceases her humming, stopping and turning to look at him.
"What?"
"That tune. I've never heard it." She makes a sound of understanding before speaking.
"It's a lullaby. My mother used to sing it to me when I was a child. Is it pretty?" He nods his head with a hum of agreement, continuing their journey back to the castle.

"Did your parents ever sing to you? When you were human?" Caius thinks for a moment, staring intensely as Alora as she slows her walk to be next to him.
"My grandmother did, I think. I don't remember much." She nods her head, grinning as she points towards the sky.
"Isn't it beautiful? The stars, I mean. They're rather fascinating." She speaks, pointing towards the sky.
"They are."
"That's Cassiopeia, my favorite constellation. Do you know about greek mythology?" From what Caius had seen, she's rather intelligent for her age. Most people, fresh out of highschool, usually party until they can't walk. But she wasn't like that. She was intelligent and made smart... ish choices with her life. That's what Aro had told him, at least. She spoke Italian, English and Greek. She loved to read and write. She loved to admire and find the real story behind art pieces that nobody even knew had a story. She was somewhat like him. It made him smile.

"Yes. I am aware of greek mythology. Though I don't tend to look into it." Caius finally answers, opening the hidden entrance and letting Alora walk inside.
"Well, Queen Cassiopeia is the mother of Andromeda, a beautiful girl. Cassiopeia was rather boastful and arrogant. She boasted that she and or her daughter were more beautiful than the Nereids." Caius scoffs, shaking his head lightly.
"How rude of her."
"I know right! So then.." They continued this conversation all the way up until she was in front of her room. She hadn't noticed how fast time flew.