chapter 19

Clutching on the steering wheel as she drive , thinking about what happened earlier about Yuzu invited a man to eat dinner at her apartment pisses her off. Stepping on the gas as the car speed accelerate . Eyes widened in horror as Yuzu hold tightly on her seat for her dear life.

"A-Aihara, If you want to die don't drag me with you , I have a daughter to take care of. " Yuzu said in panic.

"Why?"

"You shouldn't agreed to have dinner with that man, Yuzu! And you even invited him to your apartment! That's careless of you ,What if he'll do something bad to you or to Etsuko ?" Mei said in frustration while her eyes was on the road. The thought of someone might steal her chance to be part of Yuzu and her daughter life, leave a bitter tease to her mouth.

Yuzu knitted her eyebrows as she glare at the brunette. "It's none of your business Aihara." Response the angry blonde as she regretfully got into Mei's car. "I already met Kai many times that's why ,we're already on the first-name basis like you see. Can you please drive slowly, I don't want to die early."

Thinking of Etsuko, Mei listen as she drive now in normal speed. "I care about you and Etsuko, Yuzu.  I don't like seeing you act so friendly with that man I don't trust him so you should do thesame . " Mei said in jealousy.

"And why should I listen to you ?" Asked the blonde to her.

"Because he's a man, you can't trust a man . You can't know. What if he force himself to you?"

Yuzu raised her one eyebrow to the brunette. "Coming from someone who tried to force herself to me many times.

"Hey, it's not thesame ! He's a man, the strength is different, if he tried to force himself to you ....  she suddenly paused before shaking her head to shake the images that she imagine about a man pushes and harass sexually the blonde before she continue her sentence.
" Don't make it sound like I tried to rape you and as I remember you didn't resist harder either. " Mei tried to reason and to make herself sounds better. Still eyes on the road.

Doubting herself for a second as she recall all the events after Mei came back to her to pester her if she really not resisting all the advances like the brunette told her . "I-I tried to push you, okay!  You're just so persistent , Aihara." There's a slight doubt on her voice.

" And who do you think you're to tell me what to do ? Who are you in my life to interfere ? " Yuzu quickly put Mei in her place . Yuzu's harsh words hit Mei more than slapping  .

"I'm just concerned, Yuzu." She said in a soft voice. It evident in her voice that's she feel hurt by what Yuzu said to her.

"Well , I don't need your concern. You're just jealous, Aihara ?

"Me! jealous ?" She suddenly raised her voice in defense as she  give a quick look at the blonde before looking back on the road.

"With whom? Him? I'm not jealous ! He's not even handsome for me to get bothered. I can't even see him as my rival ."Mei try to deny but the sour look she's wearing was obvious that she's jealous. 'I'm confident that I can win you back .' Mei said the last part on her head .

" I'm just reminding you not to let your guard down infront of a man ,you shouldn't trust them , they're all beast."

"Yeah! You're right, I shouldn't trust people so easily. " Yuzu said . A small smile appeared from Mei's lips , thinking that Yuzu is now ready to listen to her  but her happiness didn't last long when she heard the continuation of Yuzu's  sentence.

"Especially if that person is an Aihara." Her hatred is evident in her voice. Mei know that the reason of Yuzu's deep hatred towards her and her family is Ume's death. She still doesn't know the reason of Ume's death ,she thought before to asked Yuzu how Ume died but she scared to find out the reason.