8- Merry Christmas 🎄

"Auntie Mae

"Auntie Mae... Auntie Mae, SANTA came." Austin and Aiden both screamed as they jumped up and down on me. "Auntie Mae, wake up. Did you hear?"

"I heard baby." I said in a sleepy voice, as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

5:02 am.

I groaned as I pulled Aiden and Austin down beside me, holding them tight. "Let's snuggle for an hour and then we will get up."

"Noooooo!" They both laughed and screamed trying to get out of my grasp.

"Okay, okay. I'll get up."

"Yay!" They both screamed again as they ran out of the room. "Hi Hudson. Santa came!"

He chuckled. "I heard."

I turned to see him leaning up against my door frame, smiling as he watched the boys take off down the hall.

"Did they jump on you first?"

"No, I heard them come in here so I got up. Good morning."

"Good morning would be at least 8 am. I'm so tired."

"Come on, sleepy head, before they come back up here."

I groaned as I uncovered, suddenly aware of how I probably looked. I messed with my hair and made sure I wiped the sleep from my eyes before I got up. "I'm going to use the bathroom real quick."

"Okay. I'll meet you downstairs." He kissed the top of my head. "By the way, you're really cute right away in the morning."

"I know I look like a mess."

"That's not what I said Mae." He smiled before turning around and headed downstairs.

I went into the bathroom and looked at my face.

As I thought... a mess.

Running my hands through my hair, I put it up in a messy bun and put a small amount of makeup on my face so I didn't look so sleepy. After I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, I joined Hudson and my family downstairs.

Dad greeted me as soon as I got downstairs. "Good morning, sweet pea. Boys are a little excited this morning."

I laughed, "I can see that."

The smell of Moms Cinnamon rolls filled the air. Walking over to the others I gave everyone a hug before grabbing a throw blanket and joined Hudson on the couch. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me in close.

Dad sat down next to Mom, took a sip of his coffee then put on his reading glasses. Opening up his bible, he sat back. "Before we open gifts, let us remember why we celebrate today as I read the Christmas story..."

We all sat there, listening to every word Dad read. The Christmas story was another family tradition of ours that we read every year. My grandfather used to read it every year but as the years passed, my Dad started reading it Christmas morning before we opened gifts, followed by a prayer.

After he said a small prayer, he put his hands together, rubbing them together playfully... "Let's see what Santa brought you boys."

"Yay!" They both screamed.

After the boys opened their gifts, the adults went around opening theirs.

After breakfast, we all showered and got ready for the day. Both my sets of grandparents and Aunt and two Uncles were coming this afternoon with their families for dinner.

I sat on the couch next to Hudson. "We waited to start the movie until you were here."

"Which movie?"

"The Grinch." Nick said, starting the movie.

"2018's Grinch?"

Nick looked at me funny. "I don't know, but it's the newest cartoon one. Hudson did say something about it being your favorite."

"It is."

The movie started and I was happy to see it was the one I liked, unfortunately it was only a few minutes into the movie when my eyes got heavy and I fell asleep.

🎄🎄🎄

My eyes fluttered open, I went to stretch when I felt an arm holding me tight so I couldn't sit up.

I smiled seeing it was Hudson.

His head was laid back, sleeping against the armrest of the couch, sleeping also as I laid beside him. I looked around the living room. The lights were off and Nick and the boys were sleeping soundly on the other couch next to us.

I tried getting off Hudson as gently as possible but his eyes opened, "where are you going?"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to fall asleep on you. I'm going to the kitchen. See if my Mom needs help. I didn't mean to fall asleep and she probably needs help."

He sat up, "I'll come with you."

"You don't have to. Rest."

"I can help."

Hudson helped Mom, Dad, Crystal and I in the kitchen. When Nick and the boys got up, they set the table. Everyone came over later that day, we ate dinner and played family games around the table together while the kids played with each other.

As the night went on, I realized I was starting to like Hudson more than I should have and having feelings I hadn't felt for him before. Hudson fit in so perfectly with me and my family and everyone loved him.

"I'm officially in a food coma." Hudson said as he patted his stomach, interrupting my thoughts as we walked upstairs to our bedrooms.

I laughed. "Same."

"Mae. Are you alright?"

I nodded as we got to our doors. I just needed to get this crazy thought out of my head. I refused to let this ruin anything. "I'm just tired."

"Me too." He looked at his watch. "2am. Those boys downstairs better not be up early again."

"They won't. Pretty sure they're in a food coma too."

He laughed as he nodded his head. "Yeah. Anyways, I'll see you tomorrow. Merry Christmas, Mae."

I smiled back at him. "Merry Christmas, Hudson."

**** This chapter is kind of choppy I feel, trying to wrap up their time in Wisconsin. Hopefully it is okay?
🎄🎅
Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas yesterday if you celebrate. ***