11- Guests

Opening one eye, I focused in on the time on the nightstand

9:45.

I yawned, rubbing the sleep from my eyes before rolling over to my other side and snuggled into my pillow.

Tonight was Christmas with Hudson's family. I planned on getting up early to help Mary prepare for tonight's meal and whatever else she needed help with.

Grabbing my phone from the night stand, I saw I had a message from Hudson.

7:52am
Hudson- I have to run into town for a few things. If you need anything let me know. Be back soon.

I smiled before getting up, grabbed my clothes and headed into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

🎄🎄🎄

Heading upstairs, I walked into the kitchen to see Mary in full force cooking.

"Morning sleepyhead." Mary beamed as she pulled me into a hug.

"Good Morning." I smiled, hugging her back as I watched Mark sneak a scoop of cookie dough out of the bowl Mary had on the counter.

I went over to Mark, placing my hand on his shoulder. He smiled at me as he put another roll in the basket. "Good Morning, Sweetheart."

"Morning." He was just like my Dad, brother and I. We all loved a little bit of raw cookie dough. I leaned in and whispered. "I saw you sneak some cookie dough."

He threw his head back laughing. "Shh."

"Your secret is safe with me."

I sat in the chair next to Mark at the island. "I didn't plan on sleeping in, Hudson should have woken me up before he left. I'm here to help. What can I do?"

"Just sit there and keep us company. Eve and Christian are bringing the main dishes so I'm doing snacky things and dinner rolls."

"I'd really like to help, even if it's small."

She smiled. "Alright. How about you put these chocolate chip cookie dough..." she paused for a moment as she looked into the bowl. "Mark!"

Mark pointed at me. "It was Mae."

I jokingly gasped.

"Ohhh, don't you dare lie to me, Mr." Mary scolded.

"You know I like cookie dough. I won't have any cookies tonight, I promise."

She smiled as she shook her head. She moved the cookie sheets down and the bowl far away from Mark. "Mae, could you put what's left of this dough on the cookie sheets for me?"

"Of course." I scooted down to the end of the island. When Mary turned away I took a small amount of dough on my finger, making sure Mark saw and quickly put it in my mouth, making him laugh.