Headpats ~ Zeki x Reader *FLUFF*

Headcanon that headpats and praise are Zeki's absolute weakness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What a pretty boy," you cooed at him with a sly smirk.

His visible eye widened at the sudden praise. His ears twitched, his mouth opening and closing as he struggled to find a response. "..Wha?" He finally managed out.

You couldn't help but laugh. "Very, very pretty," you continued as you reached your hands out to him.

He scooted back slightly, attempting (yet failing) to swat you away. "Hey- Hey now! I don't know what yer tryna do ta me, but you better.. uh..." He trailed off when your hands made contact with his head, your fingers scratching behind his ears just right. His reaction was almost immediate. His entire body melted into your touch, his eyes fluttering shut and his words fading into soft hums.

You grinned. "You've been working so, so hard, haven't you?" You murmured.

He hummed, leaning further into your hands with a smile. "Mhmm..." He was practically putty in your hands. Your heart swelled at the sight. You continued to dote on him like this, murmuring sweet nothings to him in a soft voice. Small vibrations began to buzz through your hands after a few moments, causing you to slow your movements with confusion.

'Is he..?' You stopped to feel them more clearly. 'Oh my Dragon.'

He was purring.

Zeki, the gruff ol' storekeeper, was purring at your touch. Your grin widened at this, your eyes lighting up. He pouted when he finally noticed your movements had ceased and nuzzled into your hands to try to coerce you into continuing. "Hey, why'd.. why'd ya stop..?" He mumbled, lazily cracking his eye open to look up at you.

You chuckled. "Sorry, Zee," you hummed in response, scratching behind his ears once again. Just like before, he went limp in your grasp and began to purr. He was so, so cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 300ish words