College Dilemma

Hailey

The new house was nothing short of a palace, at least in my own words. My room, in particular, was a blend of dreamy and nightmarish. It was beautiful, but the proximity to my stepbrother's room turned it into a constant battleground of restraint. I had to tiptoe through my routine, suppressing.... the things I enjoyed even daring to imagine his face. Yet, despite these challenges, I managed to maintain my shit. That is, until this moment when my mother decided to throw yet another curveball at me.

"What?" I shrieked, the coffee mug paused midway to my lips as I gaped at my mother in utter disbelief. Was she absolutely fucking serious right now?

No! This couldn't be happening.

There's no way!

"Why do you sound so shocked, sweetheart? Isn't it better this way? You won't encounter any difficulties in your new college because you're Damien's sister," Mom said, flashing me a smile.

Fucking hell!

She must have totally lost her mind.

I observed a slight smirk dancing on Damien's lips as he sat opposite me, casually sipping his coffee. His morning-tousled hair delicately framed his face, lending him a fucking effortless charm that irked me. Even in a simple t-shirt and trousers, he managed to look drop-dead gorgeous. I envied him—a lot.

If I'd skipped washing my face in the morning, I'd probably look like a fucking rat.

"But Mom, why... Why do I have to enroll in a college that's partially owned by my... my stepbrother?" I questioned, my words stumbling out. "This isn't right."

"Why do you think that's a problem, Hailey?" Coby chuckled, folding the newspaper and placing it on the table. "It's a great idea. It'll make things easier for you, and you won't even have to worry about detentions."

"That's not happening. If she misbehaves, she'll face consequences," Damien finally interjected. "I won't be favoring her under any circumstances."

This handsome piece of shit.....

"Then it's settled. I won't enroll in the college he owns. I'll find another option," I asserted. "Besides, I don't want people thinking I'm a spoiled brat."

"Well, you are a bit spoiled," Damien casually remarked, taking another sip of his coffee while swiping through his phone.

"Don't pass judgment on me," I retorted through gritted teeth, summoning my courage.

His smirk widened. "And what if I do? What's your move?"

Before I could respond, Coby intervened. "Alright, enough of this banter for today, you two. Damien, she's new here and clearly on edge. Give her a break, at least for now." He cleared his throat.

"Well, I wouldn't say it's that," he shrugged casually, rising from his seat. His loosely hanging trousers offered a glimpse of his V-line, and as my gaze inadvertently landed there, I swiftly averted my eyes. "I was merely speaking the truth. However, if she doesn't want to attend my college, that's fine. She's her own person, isn't she? Twenty, right?" He cast a meaningful glance in my direction.

Was he goading me?

Damn right, he was.

"No, she'll enroll in the college, Damien. Don't pay attention to her," my mom intervened, unfortunately taking his side. "She's just nervous."

New Brotherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें