.003 // tom

~ * ~ * ~

𖡡 Claire Calloway shared her location!

• • •

     IT WASN'T in his night's itinerary to go find a stranger in a semi-strange city. Sure, they'd been filming for a certain amount of time, but there comes a point where a city becomes a second home during filming and he was just at the cusp of that feeling.

"I've been on the lookout for a good croissant while filming here," he quipped. As reluctant as she seemed over text, Claire obliged to meeting up with him. And he was happy, but part of him wasn't sure it was out of selflessness or selfishness.

Selflessness because he didn't want the blonde American to find harm in a foreign country. Selfishness because he didn't want anyone else to be around her, making her comfortable and smile, unless it was him.

Tom couldn't help but just stare. His blue hues gazed over at her, unwilling to part from the tanned face beside him. The last time he felt this feeling—whether this was lust or simply a schoolboy crush, he couldn't tell—was years ago when he met his ex-girlfriend. But this was different in a way he found difficult to pinpoint.

Her eyes were the color of caramel; melted into a darker kind of chocolate brown that changed shade dependent on the lighting. Her blonde hair was obviously kissed by the South Carolina sun, along with her skin and remnants of light freckles across her nose and cheeks.

"Tom," a hand waved in front of his face. "You good?"

His eyes blinked away the mesmerization and he quickly nodded. "Yeah, sorry. I was thinking."

"About?" You.

Tom's arm wrapped around the girl's shoulder, not showing the surprise on his face when she didn't try to to push it away. Leaning down, his lips hovered over Claire's ear as he started to speak. "Croissants, Miss Calloway."

• • •

     THE FLAKES of their pastries fell on their clothes as they got to know one another. There was a slight nip in the air with Claire's blonde strands flying around due to some wind that wasn't forecasted. Her nose had a tinge of pink to it but it didn't seem to bother her as much as Tom assumed it should've. There were a lot of surprises about Claire Calloway, and although they were only scratching the surface, he was falling deeper into his initial attraction toward her.

"And we had to swim like our lives were about to end," Claire reminisced.

"Claire Calloway's a yacht thief?!"

"Well—no!" Blue eyes rolled, a smile plastered on pretty lips Tom couldn't stop glancing at. "We simply..." Claire's fingernail tapped her chin as her head tilted to the right. "We only borrowed it."

Taking a bite of the croissant, Tom swallowed with a nod and held up both hands in surrender. "Right, wish I was you for a day from the sounds of it."

"You wouldn't last, Blyth."

"Says who?"

"Me."

"I can handle you," the male countered. That made her shoulders shrug but something danced in her eyes. "I can."

"You don't even have me yet," she pushed, not realizing the last word thrown into the mix.

But Tom latched onto it. Yet.

~ * ~ * ~

I WANTED TO GET SOMETHING OUT SO ITS REALLY BAD CUZ ITS BEEN IN MY DRAFTS FOR WEEKS IM SORRY

now that the holidays are over, I'll be updating at least 1-2x/week :)

some chapters mayyyy be short while others will be longer, and I'm also iffy about the whole texting thing so I may just stick to insta posts for the moment :(

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday season !