.005 // claire

~ * ~ * ~

comments

@graciebarr too big but oh so comfy

@rachelzegler it looks so familiar ?????
       ↳ @ccalloway idk I found it in a store

@oliviapolis my face when ur not in town
       ↳ @devinmark31 LOL fr
       ↳ @valguppizeo you stole my comment hahaha
       ↳ @ccalloway are yall done obsessing??

@joshandresrivera my beautiful cousin-in-law
       ↳ @ccalloway I love you Josh!

@holdbarrguy like u slept with someone to get it
       ↳ @ccalloway don't say things you can't back up, Holden

...

     THE SUN blinded Claire as she woke up in the new, and surprisingly stiff, bed in the guest room of Rachel's rented apartment. Or, flat, as the Europeans say. She didn't know or care why they had different names, only the fact that the breakfast was an all-day thing like back home. The thought of a waffle slathered in sugary syrup was calling her name, but with how bright the sun was, she assumed it was past noon and she was too late for the craving.

With a groan, her palms pushed herself up and into a sitting position. Claire's blonde hair was a mess, her phone dinging with the comments from her Instagram post that she didn't even remember posting as soon as she got home. It was a rare occurrence for her to post more than once a month, especially since the whole ordeal back home happened, but she wanted to document the first time abroad. And Gracie threatened to kill her if she couldn't live vicariously through her photos.

Shaking the thought of home out of her mind, it instead replayed her interaction with Tom. The photo, taken by him, showed a genuinely happy Claire. He pushed her to stand in front of those flowers and made a stupid joke behind the camera. It relieved her. It—

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRING!

Hand to her heart, Claire cursed under her breath. Less thinking about some guy, Claire reminded herself. He was being nice, you idiot.

The sound of the FaceTime being accepted clicked and her best friend's face popped onto Claire's screen. Gracelyn Barr, to everyone; Gracie to Claire. She had shoulder-length brunette hair; curly and silky like something out of a shampoo commercial. Her olive-toned skin always made Claire jealous with how smooth it looked and how it somehow always looked good in anything put on it. Gracie was confident and supportive of everything, but there was always a protectiveness to her that was reciprocated by Claire. "Calloway, you dog!"

A laugh escaped the blonde's lips. "What time is it there?"

"Oh, don't avoid this. You're such a tease, Claire!"