i. ( the girl i used to know )

[001]  the girl i used to know❛ SAVIOR COMPLEX ❜

[001] the girl i used to know
❛ SAVIOR COMPLEX ❜

[001]  the girl i used to know❛ SAVIOR COMPLEX ❜

1996!

JUNO SPRINTED AS she ran down the field with Jackie. Allie had the ball, dodging the other team trying to steal it. She eventually failed, not surprising Juno. The girl was definitely not good, but she was only a freshman, so Juno cut her some slack. That had been her three years ago.

Juno saw Taissa win the ball back and flagged for the pass. Tai heard the blonde, sprinting down the field to give Juno the ball. Once it was at her feet, she turned around and swerved her way through the girls trying to take it back.

"Juno! Juno!" Jackie yelled from across the field as she held her hand up. Jackie was right by the goal, so Juno shot the ball upwards. Juno held her breath as the ball whipped over everyone's heads. Jackie stuck her head out, nailing the ball into the net.

The game was untied at the last second, securing their spot at nationals. Juno couldn't believe it as she heard everyone cheering.

"Oh my God... OH MY FUCKING GOD!" Juno said as she jumped up and down into the air with her hands held high. Some of the girls ran into a group hug, while Lottie sprinted towards Juno. The taller girl took Juno into her arms, picking her up and spinning.

"That was fucking amazing, Junie!" Lottie exclaimed as she put Juno down. Juno blushed a bit at the nickname and didn't want to release Lottie from her arms. The shorter girl kissed Lottie on the cheek and thanked her before running to tackle Van into a hug.

As the two girls jumped up and down, she made eye contact with Natalie. Natalie gave her a beaming smile, one that Juno hadn't seen in a long time. Juno almost missed her. Almost. That smile was like salt in a wound. Juno gave her a quick, unconvincing grin before joining the rest of the team.

"Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!" was the only thing that could be heard across the field, everyone in the stands cheering too. Juno looked up into the bleachers to see her older brother, Arlo, jumping up and down and screaming her name.