Chapter 2

Travis went back home and locked his door. For some reason, he thought he was now on somebody's hit list, since that's what usually happens in the movies and comics he's read [Love Perimeter].

He sat down on his bed and continued to think about his current situation. He only knew one thing about this ability, and that is he has to be at a certain distance to hear someone's thoughts, if it works for other people, which is what he still hopes is the case.

"If it worked at a distance, then I'd be able to hear my neighbors' thoughts, but I'm not. Maybe it only works when you see their face or something. I need to experiment on this. Um, what other place is open at this time?"

He left his apartment and went to the gas station. Travis stood across the road as he stared at the empty station. It wasn't surprising since it was in the middle of a neighborhood, not the most convenient spot for business. But most people in this neighborhood buy gas from this place, so they still get some income. Travis, at the moment, looked like he was about to rob someone, and that's not because he's black. He crossed the road and walked inside the gas station shop. He normally would never buy here since the prices are so outrageous, but it would be suspicious if he walked in and came out with nothing, which isn't illegal or anything, it just feels like it.

As soon as he walked in, he glanced at the person behind the counter, a grown-ass man with a fully grown beard. He walked forward but then stopped when he felt the volt rushing through his body. Just like before, Travis heard the man's voice.

"What's that monkey doing here? Does he want to rob this place? Oh Lord, save me from the plague of society! Is what Uncle Ruckus would have said."

"That was so racist, not that I care," Travis thought. He took a pack of gum which cost 5 dollars, something he'd never spend on gum. He walked to the counter and put them in front of the man.

"Is it racist if I think of the N-word?"

Travis paid, then left the shop. As he was walking away, he heard the man say the word, not that he cared. He hurriedly ran back to his house, feeling extremely happy that the gay dude from before was not the only person whose thoughts he could hear. As soon as he entered his room, he quietly shouted since it was against the rules to make noise, yet somehow he'd hear moans coming from his next-door neighbor. That dude would always bring random women back to his apartment, something he could only do back in his dreams.

He made some food, then sat down and ate, all while he continued to think of what he would use this ability on.

"I could pretty much be the smartest guy in class if I were back in college. Well, not the smartest, but my exams would make me seem that way. I could also be a good detective or judge. But I don't find those paths very appealing, especially the last one. I didn't see myself being superior to anyone," he thought.

Suddenly, Travis heard a knock on his door. He frowned, thinking it was the landlord about to borrow money so he could go gambling again. He never gave him any, but he always paid his rent on time.

He walked to the door and opened it, but the sight he saw was a sight he had never dreamed of seeing in a million years. There stood one of the most beautiful girls he'd ever met. He stared at her in a daze, already thinking of the day he would marry her and she would carry his 12 kids, representing his 12-inch cock.

Travis felt the current of electricity in his body again, this time carrying even more energy. His eyes glowed for a second, which went unnoticed by both of them.

"What's up with this guy? Is he alright? Why did I come here again?"

"Um, hey. I'm Serena. I'm sorry to bother you, but could you help me with something?" Serena said.

Travis heard her words and was immediately enchanted by her. She sounded like an angel.

"Oh no, he's a creep."

He immediately came back to reality when he heard that. Travis smiled politely and nodded. He had no words right now. Serena smiled and turned back, asking him to follow her, which he did. They arrived next door, which was the other door on his right.

"Nobody lived here before. I guess she's new," he thought.

"So, what do you need help with?" he asked. Serena stood in the middle of the room and pointed towards the window.

"Could you help me open this? It's really shut, and I can't get any fresh air in here," she said.

"I'm already sweating. He wouldn't mind if I took off my shirt, would he?"

"Of course, I won't!" he thought. Travis walked towards the window and tried opening it. Like she had said, it was closed shut, but with a bit of effort, Travis opened the window, allowing the cool night air to enter her room.

"He's so strong, he might be hiding muscles under that hood, for all I know. I might enjoy my time here."

"She likes me!!! Well, in my dreams," he thought. Travis turned back, and like her thoughts, she had reached to take off her shirt. She was now standing there in her sports bra and leggings.

"Wow! Thanks, really. Oh, sorry, I didn't get your name?"

"Travis," he replied blankly.

"Well, Travis, I'm really thankful to you. How about I treat you to a meal? I promise I'm a great cook."

"Say less."

"I was kinda feeling hungry, so sure."

Serena smiled then closed her door. She stood in front of the small kitchen area and took out her groceries from a plastic bag.

"You can have a seat on the couch. Make yourself at home," she said. Travis did as she said and made himself at home, that is if being at home meant sitting on the couch like you're about to be interrogated.

"Bro, it's been a while since I've been in a girl's house. I can already feel the adrenaline," he thought.

Travis's thoughts at this moment were completely opposite to how he was acting on the other side.

"My first day in my new apartment, and I already have a guy over. My dad would kill me if he found out."

"I wouldn't blame him," he thought.