we're friends?

"Yo,Ken... you good?"

"Yeah, just gotta get this shit into two braids"

Kendrick was currently seated in front of a mirror and trying to arrange his blue dreads into a double braid. He didn't need his hair getting in the way for what he was about to do. He was obviously struggling to properly get it but after about five minutes,he successfully braided his dreads.

"Alright," he looked at his gorgon roommate. "now I begin"

"Do you have to do this every morning?" Ajax looked at Ken as the nephalem took his shirt off and got to the floor. It'd been three days since Ken moved into the room and Ajax had noticed a pattern. "I mean,you have naturally intense physical strength"

"Yep,but it doesn't mean I should be lazy and depend on that all the time" Ken replied as he began his push ups. "Plus I gotta keep myself active somehow"

"I guess that makes sense..." Ajax pondered.

A few push ups, sit-ups and crunches later, the nephalem was done and hopped into the shower, almost accidentally grabbing Ajax's towel.. again.

Despite the awkward silence that lingered at first in the room due to both boys being shy almost to a fault, they eventually started to open up to each other after Ajax noticed Ken had a plushie on his bed; a particular fluffy blue alien experiment. A conversation immediately struck from there – from Disney characters to movies to anime,music and everything in between and they realised they had quite a few similar interests... And it helped that Ajax had a PC. In less than 24 hours,the gorgon and nephalem found themselves becoming good friends and sitting together in every class they both had... Mostly because Ken still wasn't used to nevermore and kept getting lost on the second day.

"Ready?" Ajax asked.

"Yep" Ken threw on the nevermore hooded jacket. "let's move"

__________

It was classes as usual.. which,in Ken's case was just sitting down, daydreaming and paying no attention whatsoever. He was reflecting on the past few days, wondering if he could actually have some kind of life in this school.. he'd miraculously befriended his roommate, so that was a good sign. He was just thankful Ajax was a lot like him as he realised he could've ended up with someone he couldn't tolerate.

Last time he shared a room with someone,it wasn't pretty.

"Never again" Ken shuddered before turning to his notebook. He figured it wise to at least write something down,even if he didn't understand jackshit about werewolf reproduction.

And judging by Ajax's reaction to the terms being used by the teacher, he was grateful for being ignorant.

"So where to next?" Ken looked at the gorgon.

"I have archery with Xavier, " Ajax replied.

"The long hair kid?" Ken remembered seeing the boy and Ajax interact the previous day.

"Yeah" Ajax nodded. "You haven't picked an activity yet,have you?"

"Nope" Ken shook his head.

"I've heard you sing,plus you have instruments," Ajax recalled. "Why don't you join the pitch slaps club?"

"The choir thing with all the sirens in it?" Ken scoffed. "No, thank you nigga"

"C'mon,dude!" Ajax pushed.

"How did you even hear me sing?" Ken asked as they made to walk out of the classroom.

"You're not exactly the most quiet guy in the shower" Ajax smiled. "Buy you're not a bad rapper either"