obviously your mom needed therapy.

"Ready?" Ajax asked.

"I guess" Ken shrugged as he threw on his black hoodie. "I cannot believe you talked me into this"

"C'mon, lighten up" Ajax tapped him on the shoulder.

"I'm about to further worsen my social anxiety, yay!" The nephalem sarcastically raised his arms causing Ajax to shake his head.

"It won't be that bad,I promise" Ajax said as they walked out of their shared room. "I'll stay with you the whole time"

"Yeah cause if I'm not here you wouldn't be able to talk to Enid" Ken nodded.

"That is not true!" The gorgon countered.

"Okay," Ken shrugged. "How many times have you talked to her before we became roommates?"

"I don't know.. like,twice maybe?" Ajax looked at his shoes. "But that's not the point!"

"Mhmm" the blue haired boy nodded again.

"Why are we even talking about this?"

"Cause you just wanna use me as a wingman!"

"You have to come either way"

"I could lock myself in our room and no one would know"

"Enid would notice"

"Yeah,I wouldn't put it past her"

__________

"Okay, we're here," Kendrick stood alongside his roommate amidst the crowd. "Now what?"

"We wander around till we find Enid," Ajax said. Ken looked at him with a deadpan expression.

"What a solid plan,chief" he let out.

"You got a better plan?" Ajax frowned.

"I don't know, play the games or some shit" Ken suggested.

"That's actually a pretty good plan" Ajax nodded. Ken just shook his head.

"And you're paying" Ken spoke as they approached a dart booth.

"What?" Ajax looked at him."Why me?"

"Maybe because you forced me out here?" Ken stretched his hand out. "Now gimme"

Ajax let out a sigh and dug into his pockets. It did seem fair.. "Why are you even playing this game? You already have a Stitch plushie and a Snorlax backpack"

"Don't you dare question my choices" Ken said as he paid the owner of the booth. "You don't see me asking why you stalk Enid's blog"

"Shhh!" Ajax whispered to his friend. "we said we wouldn't talk about that"

"Yeah as long as you don't try to make fun of my interests" Ken shrugged as he threw the dart and hit the balloon point-blank on the first try.

"Woah..." Ajax looked at his roommate. "your aim is crazy accurate"

"I don't know-"

"Ajax! Kenny!"

The two looked towards their right to see Enid walking towards them as cheerful as usual and right beside her stood a familiar raven haired girl.

'Oh jeez...'

"What're you two doing here?" Enid asked, tilting her . "I know you're not the most social pair of outcasts"

"And you'd be correct," Ken nodded. "Beanie boy made me come out here cause-"

"Cause he stays indoors too much " the gorgon hurriedly came up with a reason. "I figured he needed some fresh air whether he likes it or not"