Chapter 5

The next day I arrived in class a bit late since my alarm didn't go off.

As I knocked the door of the classroom to come in, the math teacher opened the door and walked out of the classroom to have a word with me. « You're late Miss L/n, class started 15 minutes ago. » « I know but- » he cut me off « no buts! you were late so you can wait outside. The teachers were nice enough to not mind tardiness on the first day; and this shall not become a habit! Now, you may wait until the class ends outside. » and as the teacher was about to turn back around to get back in the classroom, none other than Joseph Descamps walked down the hallway. « and as for you Mr. Descamps, you will be waiting outside of the classroom with your dear camarade Y/n since you are also late. » He said as he turned around and slammed the door behind him.

So I was now left expelled from class with Descamps out of all people.

I sat down on the floor leaning against the wall, as Joseph followed my moves. « So, why were you late today? I mean it doesn't really look like you... » he said while looking straight forward. « My alarm didn't go off, I forgot to turn it on » I said while looking at the floor. « Aren't you going to ask me why I'm late princess? » he said as he looked at me with a grin. « oh please tell me, why were you late » I said sarcasm laced in my voice,  « Well, I actually was getting some books from the library to help us finish the project... » « really? » I said as a smile appeared on my face « well aren't you the nicest boy » I said teasing him.

For some reason, seeing him actually care about the project and our grade made my heart flutter.

« I know right... » he said as we kept looking at each other's eyes. The silence felt comfortable, and for some reason, my body took control and I lifted my hand just to softly touch his hair. I suddenly realized what I was doing and put my hand down.

He smirked « What was that for? » he asked amused. « I like your hair » I said as I looked at anything but him.

My hands were on both of my sides as I slowly felt Joseph's hand moving towards mine and interlocking our fingers.

I won't lie, I was flustered and I could tell that Joseph could tell. I didn't want him to think of me as a little girl or someone that he could take advantage of. But for some reason, even if I hated him most of the time, he made my heart flutter and because of that, I would say or do things without thinking.

I turned my body towards him. « I don't mean to be intrusive or anything but how did the whole eye thing go? » I asked.

« no, its fine... » he said as he continued explaining to me what the doctors did to him. It kind of felt traumatizing. « Do you want to see? » He asked, I really didn't want him to feel uncomfortable, but since he was asking, I guess he was fine with it. « Sure », he started taking his eye patch off.

I could now see his whole face without that patch. « my mom says that I would look better if I wore that fake eye she gave me, but I don't want to... » he said under his breath. My heart broke, I felt bad for him, sure he has done some bad things, but he didn't deserve this, no one would deserve this. My right hand lightly traced his cheek « Well, I think you look very handsome, with or without that eye patch » I said while smiling sweetly at him.

His lips slightly parted as he looked back at me. He lifted his hand and put it on top of my hand that was resting on his face.

He leaned in and so did I. As our lips connected, he lifted me slightly so that I was now straddling him. My hands traveled to his hair and his to my waist. The both of us were so captivated by one another that we had completely forgotten that we were still at school. His hands kept on going lower. and that's when I realized and I parted our lips.

Our breathing was deep and heavy. « Joseph were at school, we can't-» I said as he cut me off by kissing me. That's when we heard footsteps coming from down the hallway and we separated.

Thank god they entered a classroom and didn't see us.

I stayed straddling his lap when I realized that I was wearing a short pencil skirt and it had ridden up to my upper thigh, so it wasn't hiding much anymore and all of that because of my position. My cheeks turned red. I tried to pull it back down but Joseph hands were holding my upper thighs so that I couldn't pull my skirt down to a 'school' appropriate length.

« I like you better like this princess » he said as his grin grew wider. I could have sworn that my heart had stopped beating. What was I doing? kissing Descamps, flirting with him, getting butterflies from him...« So do I but brake starts in 5 minutes, and I don't think neither of us want to be caught like this » I said as I started slowly getting back up to pull my skirt back down. My cheeks were literally on fire and my breathing was heavy. I sat back down next to him.

Silence took over. It was peaceful. But all of a sudden Descamps felt the urge to ask the most out of pocket question to me, « Have you ever had a boyfriend? », « What? » he caught me off, « Have you ever had a boyfriend? » he repeated as he looked at me with a grin on his face. « Well that is none of your business » I said looking away from him. « So you haven't. » he stated, « Excuse me?! How dare you make assumptions... » but the truth was I hadn't had a boyfriend, not because I didn't want one but just because I wanted to find someone who would be 'husband material' since I've always wanted to date to marry if you know what I mean. So basically to find the one.

Descamps laughed, « don't worry, I won't tell anyone », « funny of you to think that I cared » I said giving him a fake smile.

And he kept on laughing, « okay sweetheart, anyways, coming from a little girl, I didn't expect anything different », this man was really starting to get on my nerves, « and anyways you still have time you know... » He said now serious. « and you still have time to shut up » I said as I got up from my place.

The bell rang, and before I opened the classroom door I turned back around « and I'm not a little girl » and with that I opened the door and walked in to finally leave my things on my table.

His eyes didn't leave me for one second as I made my way in and out the classroom.

—————————————————————————
Thank you for reading
I really liked writing this chapter and please vote and comment ;))