CHAPTER TWO

The fashion show led by the Fashion department has already started and the crowd laughing seeing how some other outfits were ridiculous.

Hwan was the mc since last year he was the one who was sold for the highest. He then explained the mechanics of the event and most female students already knows where to spend their money.

You weren't there to witness the auction, you were known to not participate at this particular event.

Sure, the money goes to charity but your interest didn't went high because of the date thing. It's not like you're desperate.

You saw Daniel who's figure was standing out. He was at the stage and looked anxious. Poor Daniel, so naive about what could happen to him today.

"No men bidders allowed, no matter how much you bid that's the rules."

Jay seemed to clenched his wallet tight while receiving some stares from the two girls who was in charge. He wanted to bid on Daniel to save his suffering up there on the stage.

"What's the matter here?" You asked them and Jay turned around and gazed down at you.

"...!" His eyebrows behind his hair surely you couldn't see raised up.

You approached them and wanted to solve the problem as possible. The two female students looked at each other.

"This guy wants to bid but rules are rules!" One of the girls answered and the other beside her nodded.

The blonde looked at you and suddenly extended his arms at you introducing his wallet with no context leaving you puzzled at first.

But slowly realized what he wanted you to do as his finger pointed at his friend on stage.

"You want me to bid on Daniel using your money?" You saw Jay nodding at what you said so your guess wasn't wrong after all.

After a few seconds of silence, you found yourself agreeing at Jay as you two made your way towards towards the charity auction date event with the male behind you.

"Is that F/N?"
"She disappears once it's the charity auction date."
"What is she doing here?"

Chatters were heard from the crowd as the people who were staring at Lala shifted towards you.

"Who's that? She looks ugly." Lala rolled her eyes but she felt confident as no one seemed to interrupt her bid, only one step and Daniel was hers.

Not until a voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Two-thousand dollars."

A feminine voice that belonged to a good-looking female who had a bodyguard behind her raised her hand.

Crystal managed to shook everyone to the core especially by how high the bid was, she instantly doubled Lala's amount of money in no time.

"Hmph! Two-thousand five hundred dollars then." Lala's pride shattered, her confidence was ruined by this rival of hers.

But Crystal once again raised her hand that it didn't took a second to hesitate.

"Five-thousand."

Embarrassment began to shower Lala, feeling an immense feeling of anger towards Crystal. She had no money left and she can't let that girl win.

"T-This bag is worth seven-thousand dollars—"

"Seven-thousand five hundred." Daniel was even more shock that he could faint on stage when he heard the amount.

He wondered why the voice sounded easy to recognized and he saw that it was you with Jay behind your figure.

Crystal looked surprised by the your sudden entrance, she didn't know who you are so she guessed you were just another bratty girl.

Even Gun who was her bodyguard took interest on the girl as he raised an eyebrow at your appearance.

"Eight-thousand." She countered your bid again but Jay didn't wanted to stop so you bid an additional five hundred to Crystal's amount.

People around were surprised by how high the money was right now and the two females had no plans in stopping.

"Jay are you sure about this?" You whispered to Jay knowing that it was Jay's money that was being used. The blonde nodded simultaneously.

"Who are they?" Crystal then inquired Gun. She couldn't get her eyes off you. Gun looked at you who was seemingly enjoying this little quarrel.

"No idea." He simply said and continued scanning the your image, judging every detail of you.

"But she looks vaguely familiar..."

Feeling frustrated, you looked at the opposing team and they seemed like they don't have any negative plans about Daniel.

"This won't end if we don't give up Jay, they don't look like bad guys. They won't do anything bad to Daniel."

You told him in a hushed voice. Jay didn't responded with words, only a small gesture that he agrees but there was a pause before he answered so.

"No more higher than ten-thousand? That's it, Daniel Park is sold for ten-thousand dollars!"

The mc announced and they still couldn't believe it, such high amount of money just for a boy.

You felt a bit guilty towards Jay, seeing he was fidgeting his fingers as the auction was declared to be over.

"I'm...sorry." As you apologized, Jay's reaction was a surprised one. He quickly shook his head telling you that it was alright.

Someone suddenly bumped into your shoulder and saw that it was one of Lala's friends who bumped into you.

"You— oh it's you F/N, from middle school!" Lala had a fake smile. She tugged a strand of her hair behind her ear.

You nodded and returned the smile back to Lala. "It surely has been a while hasn't it—"

"Don't act so fake F/N, you're still the same girl from middle school. I wonder where you got that much amount of money."

Lala immediately cut her off and laughed along with her friends trying to embarrass her.

Jay had a frown under his hair as he looked down at Lala. But you, on the other hand, your smile remained on your face and spoke no words.

"Perhaps... you're also working as an entertainer just like your mother?" One of Lala's companions said while snickering out loud.

"That's probably why she bid tons of money earlier at that boy, to probably 'play' with him." They added and walked passed to you and Jay without apologizing.

Jay noticed that your expression slightly changed. You clenched his fist hard and dug your teeth on the bottom of your lip.

Instead of clashing with Lala, you shrugged it off by taking a deep breath before looking at Jay and your whole mood returned back to normal.

"I'm fine, Jay." You let out a chuckle before you returned the wallet respectfully to him.

He wanted to know more about you, not just being the class' vice president because you two were friends.

Feeling the atmosphere was tense, he didn't wanted to make you uncomfortable.

"..." Jay watched you walk away with your back facing him. He looked at his wallet for the last time before putting it in his pocket.